Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But then I rather expected it. There's a guy with a triple black Cobra that lives in my area. He was actually at the dealership when I test-drove my car. We've talked a couple of times and admired each others' cars. Monday nite I was taking the kids for a bite to eat. When I pulled up to the divided highway to turn left, there he was across the road ready to turn right. I thought, OK, this is it let's see what happens. We were pretty much even in 1st and 2nd but when he shifted to 3rd he just pulled away from me. It was about then I realized I had the air on, not to mention 3 passengers, one of which was screaming. Anyway, I expected to do better than that. Now I'm thinking, what mods can I do to keep up with him?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You know, I have looked at that article before. My son keeps pushing me to get one. I just don't want my car to be the guinea pig. I'd like to hear how it's working out for someone else first. I'm far from being a gearhead and I'm just concerned about what problems it might cause.

·
Registered
291 Posts
As long as you keep that boost on the supercharger to a good level 6-8. you should have no trouble. When you start to go higher you need to do engine work becuase after a quick while you internals will start to break and suffer from fast wear and tear. Consider basic stuff like exhaust and chip before you go nuts with big stuff, the little things really do add up after a while. My fiend dropped a second and a half in his 95 camaro by doing every little thing you could think of. The best mods to keep up with a cobra is a gear and some sticky tires. Getting a good start on another car can be the deciding factor. I raced a cobra with 1667 and found the same thing, 3rd gear was when he started to pull away. The cobra motor is different in that it needs higher rpm's so it is most happy when it finds them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-06 10:24, Bullittgirl wrote:
not to mention 3 passengers, one of which was screaming
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha screaming, hahahahahah. maybe your passenger was working for the cobra guy!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, just my squirrely daughter. She's under the impression that street racing is dangerous :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittgirl on 2001-09-08 09:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittgirl on 2001-09-08 09:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yep, the super charger would do it for about $3500 clams. Remember, anyone can buy a cobra. Or soon to be the FR500 at 415HPs and 175MPH!

Still not a BULLITT :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts