Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good time to check the pressure of that donut in your trunk.
Finally got around to checking mine, been putting it off since I got the car last year. Good thing I did, had only 15 psi in it!:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nice reminder

Getting ready to head for Road Atlanta. Checking all the usual stuff and remembered this post. Well, I don't really think I've ever checked the spare's pressure. Thinking of all the places I've been to in the last few years and wondering how long it's been at the 24 psi that I found it at when I checked it today. It's now at the 60 it should be at and I hope I haven't offended Murphy and that he doesn't have a flat planned for me. And thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
i just checked mine today. its at 26. its supposed to be at 60?
I just rolled with the pressure printed on the side of the spare. I think most temps are about that.

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
Exactly 60 PSI on the sidewall. I have never had to check the spares pressure on any car before. My 94 F-150 I checked the other day as well because of this Bullitt spare issue. Still at 32 PSI like when it was new and put on the truck. Go figure. I bought the Bullitt 2 years ago and they assured me it was all serviced. How many want to bet that the service dept did not check the spare. I drove from Palm Coast Florida with it to Fort Worth, and to SF for the 06 Nats through the desert. I've driven all over north Texas I'm guessing it was at 10 PSI then as well. Sheesh!

Check your spare is all I can say. Like monthly or whenever you wash it. I am thinking these "tires" are incredibly porus.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I've read someplace that even a "good" tire can lose as much as 5psi every 60 days or so, in storage (i.e. - a "spare")

1 - 6 of 6 Posts