Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Bullitt currently has just under 15,000 miles. I am in the process of changing the oil and filter (no its not the first time), Trans fuild, rear fluid, brake fluid etc.
Should I change the spark plugs? Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
You can do them yourself but it's a bit of a job. Torque the plugs with a torque wrench to the proper spec. Watch a YouTube video.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I recently scared another 01 Bullitt owner with another low miles 01 on maintenance issue. It is not mileage now but AGE, you are now in a Preventive Maintenance period. It is not just fluid changes, but what parts are prone to failure after 20 years?
Anything rubber like front end bushings, cooling & heating hoses, plastic cooling junctions, brake lines, u-joints fuel filters,transmission filters. Axle seals, spark plug lines and the coil pack. The plastic linkage that activates the brake lights. The light bulbs. Preventive maintenance before failure... Inspect and prioritize.
My mechanic and I are totally into preventive maintaince. So far it has worked.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My 2001 Bullitt currently has just under 15,000 miles. I am in the process of changing the oil and filter (no its not the first time), Trans fuild, rear fluid, brake fluid etc.
Should I change the spark plugs? Any recommendations?

Talk about on topic, I just pulled this bad boy out today. Didn't realize I could set a negative gap on the plugs, heh heh. Changing plugs on the 4.6L is fairly easy, with a couple exceptions where the fuel rail kinda blocks your access to getting the socket & extension down the hole. I use Ford Motorsports plugs, available at any parts store. You're looking at a factory original plug with 52,000 miles & 19 years, 10 months on it.

Next step is a compression check to make see if there's any adverse effects on the cylinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts