Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm looking at replacing my spark plugs and was wondering which part numbers would work well for a stock Bullitt with only a densecharger. I'm looking for pro's/cons, any additional feedback, and any additional part #'s. If I have the wrong part number, let me know. Thanks! -paul

NGK TR55 or TR6?
Motorcraft AWSF-22c or AWSF-32PM?
Autolite 764

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I just did this yesterday so I know.

If you go to search and put in Spark Plug in here, you will come up with PAGES of this same question. :lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Motorcraft Plugs Are Good Plugs

These plugs sound real interesting: AWSF-32EE is the Cobra Plug with both ends Platinum.

If those wont work (or cant be found) I'd go with the: AWSF-32PP is optional with both the center electrode and the ground have Platinum tips.

Splitfire may also make a good plug for our motors ... (???)

That's my opinion at least. :smile:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steelfalcon29 said:
I just did this yesterday so I know.

If you go to search and put in Spark Plug in here, you will come up with PAGES of this same question. :lol:
Yea - I found pages, but was trying to condense everything into one spot. It seems like everyone has their opinions, but most people like the NGK's. I'm guessing either of the part numbers would be ok.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Ok I was just reading some articles from here and there. Some say to spray in and let set a break free type compound so as not to brake off the plug. What compound would be right for this application?

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
Ok I was just reading some articles from here and there. Some say to spray in and let set a break free type compound so as not to brake off the plug. What compound would be right for this application?

I read that too about the compound....what is so special about changing spark plugs?...is our engine wierd or something?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
dg517 said:
I read that too about the compound....what is so special about changing spark plugs?...is our engine wierd or something?
A: There a pain to get too.
B: There sunk into a hole that you pray nothing goes wrong in.
C: The plugs do have a tendency to back out/blow out so the head has to come off.
D: ...there was something else but I can't remember..lost my train of thought.:shock:
E: Oh yeah the heads are aluminum so a proper torque is mandatory!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steelfalcon29 said:
I was wondering the same - blow out the hole with the air wand, then let this magical compound sit 10-15 minutes before removing - but I don't know what the compound is?

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
C: The plugs do have a tendency to back out/blow out so the head has to come off.
D: ...there was something else but I can't remember..lost my train of thought.:shock:

oh...crap!!:eek: ....i think i will let the dealer change mine when its time:smile: ....all this info is hurting my head :lol:...but thanks.....?....does this only apply to BLACK BUllitts :D

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
dg517 said:
oh...crap!!:eek: ....i think i will let the dealer change mine when its time:smile: ....all this info is hurting my head :lol:...but thanks.....?....does this only apply to BLACK BUllitts :D
Only the Black ones with gray leather interior.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well I just jump right in. I have heard not-so-good things about NGK. I originally bought the Iridium IXs or something like that last time it came to changing and the consensus around me was that NGK and Ford does not mix well after 6k or so.. W/e, I went with the updated Motorcraft Platinum and they are awesome.
Don't be scared to do them yourself. I have done multiple 4.6 mustang's spark plugs now with no problems.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Lots of discussion has occured on this topic.

Seems like the top pick is NGK TR55 for N/A cars. I am running the regular coppers, which produces the best spark, and are the cheapest. I have about 20k miles on these and doing perfect. Before that I ran the copper Autolites for close to 30k miles. Again, no issues at all. Both perform the same in my eyes.

Splitfire, Bosch x100 stuffs, etc, all all a WASTE of money IMHO.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
Only the Black ones with gray leather interior.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
lol

I have no problems :D

Couple of good tips:
* ALWAYS use antiseize on the threads! Steel meats aluminum, doing so ensures easy removal later on
* Use dielectric grease on the inside of the boot to keep it from sticking to the plug, and around the upper base where it goes into the head, and seals the top. This helps keep out water and gain, keep it from sticking to the aluminum.
* agreed with proper torquing. While I don't use a torque wrench (I just feel it out from experience), getting the proper torque is critical.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I use copper Motorcraft and NGK's, and I can't really tell a difference. I change them fairly frequently, so I don't bother with platinum plugs. The really are not that hard to change. My old 95 F150 with a 302 seemed more difficult.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
Ezekial said:
lol

I have no problems :D

Couple of good tips:
* ALWAYS use antiseize on the threads! Steel meats aluminum, doing so ensures easy removal later on
* Use dielectric grease on the inside of the boot to keep it from sticking to the plug, and around the upper base where it goes into the head, and seals the top. This helps keep out water and gain, keep it from sticking to the aluminum.
* agreed with proper torquing. While I don't use a torque wrench (I just feel it out from experience), getting the proper torque is critical.
for those that don't know, might want to mention the proper torque which if I remember right is like 11-14 ft. lbs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So PNUT, which spark plugs did you go with?

I have the upper and lower intake off so before placing back in I should replace the plugs because of easy access. I should also order a KB blower but not in the budget right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts