Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to the dealer for my squeaky breaks I also asked about a noise I heard that ultimately was caused by the air conditioner compressor. They had given me a print-out of several "SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGES."

Below are the messages. Does anyone know where we can access these "messages" so that we may be able to be informed on what is ticking, etc., and why...?

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES - BUZZ/GROWL FOR 1/2SECOND 7-20 MPH. VEHICLES EQUIPED WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKES MAY EXHIBIT A MECHANICAL NOISE (BUZZ/GROWL) ON DRIVE AWAY AFTER INITIAL START-UP. EACH TIME THE VEHICLE IS DRIVEN, AS VEHICLE SPEED REACHES APPROXIMATELY [7 20 MPH], THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE CONTROL MODULE TURNS ON THE PUMP MOTOR AND VALVES FOR APPROXIMATELY ONE-HALF SECOND. AT THIS TIME, A MECHANICAL NOISE (BUZZ, GROWL, SCRAPING, ZIP) MAY BE HEARD. THIS IS A NORMAL FUNCTION OF THE SELF-CHECK BY THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE CONTROL MODULE. [REFER TO WORKSHOP MANUAL SECTION 206-09].

CHECK G103 - MULTIPLE ELECTRICAL SYMPTOMS
SOME 1999-2001 MUSTANGS MAY EXHIBIT ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS: HARD START, DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P1233 AND/OR P1414, RIGHT FRONT EXTERIOR LIGHTING, TURN LAMP ERRATIC AND ANTI-LOCK BRAKE (ABS) WARNING LAMP ON. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY A LOOSE G103 ATTACHMENT. G103 IS LOCATED ON THE RIGHT FRONT RADIATOR CORE SUPPORT/INNER FENDER AREA. REFER TO EVTM 10-3 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Bullitt #03457 Dark Highland Green
The car I just had to have...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#03457-Gr on 2001-12-30 13:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#03457-Gr on 2001-12-30 13:31 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I also get the A/C noise. Basically it sounds as if the AC compressor is switching on and off, even when I don't have the AC on. If the heat is on or any temp control, I hear the compressor kick in. Only noticable when driving slowly. Anyone else?

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
227 also does this with the AC, but the dealer said it was expected.

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
237 Posts
A/C is designed to kick in and cycle even when using the heater. It keeps the compressor from freezing up and also keeps it lubed among other things. A problem that was prevailent years ago. Most cars and trucks if not all have this function anymore. It's normal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RenegadeBullitt on 2001-12-30 17:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
716 Posts
I was glad to see the one about the anti-lock brakes. I have heard the noise a couple of times now. Both times it happened was while I still had the traction control on.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I heard the anti-lock plenty driving on the ice in Idaho. Sounded like an air chisle under there. Works pretty damn good, though. :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I haven't noticed anything with the AC. With the weather now (17 degrees outside BEFORE the windchill!!!) I won't be using it anytime soon!!
Cam

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think I have the g103 problem, I get a cel from time to time and I have hard starts sometimes, almost like its not getting enough fuel

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone else have any of these Service Messages? If so maybe we can post them in a special place (like the memberlist) for access by all.

:-B :evil: twins

1 - 10 of 10 Posts