Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A special svc msg was issued 10/11 for the Bullitt. It reads as follows:
Some 2001 Mustang Bullitt may exhibit a hesitation or stumble over bumps condition. This condition may be followed by the theft light flashing for a period of time, and diagnostic trouble codes (dtc's) C1284, U1147, U1262 may also be present. When diagnosing you may find no communication with the PCM. This condition may be caused by the DPFE wiring chaffing against the DPFE bracket shorting out VREF. Repair the wiring and re-route the DPFE wiring to run over the accelerator cable to prevent this condition from reoccuring.
Mark Wilson
FCSD PVT Program Mgr, Mustang
Dearborn Assy. Plant

This is in connection to my earlier posts:
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1792&forum=9&1

A picture and further description on how to locate the bracket is on this thread:
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2149&forum=9&13

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT3230 on 2001-10-14 00:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow! What GREAT info I can find here. Thanks for this one. I went out and found this right away in my car. I could see the problem right away. Simply unplugged the grey connector and moved wire over top of accelerator cable. The wire had not been comprimised but was showing signs of wear. Thanks again to all involved in this!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great info. I just went out and checked mine. Sure enough it had the same problem. I fixed it by using plastic cable covering. Mine had not worn yet as I have 1200 Mi. on it but it would have as that edge on the bracket is sharp.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I looked at this problem last night on #4865 and the wire was routed differently. Maybe they caught the problem by the time my Bullitt was made.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9mm...spot checks I have done with Bullitt's at various shows has shown about 8/10 with the problem, but no relationship with earlier vs. later numbers...so production variations were the issue. Scott Hoag mentioned he thought 'the fix' was actually the way it was to have been routed anyway.
kfengler...the picture was sent to me by Mark Wilson, Ford PVT who worked my issue with 3230.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I went back and looked at the wire issue again. I was incorrect when I stated that it was routed differently. Actually, it was the same as everyone elses. I just unplugged it, took the plug under the bracket and up between the two vacuum hoses in the middle, then replugged it. Rather easy. It is not rubbing on anything now. I did find that one of the two nuts that hold the plastic piece that the plug attaches to was barely screw on to the bracket. So, I tightened that and then looked around for any other loose nuts. Didn't find any.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Printed out the thread and took it to my service tech. He told me I was gonna make him and his dealer the South Florida experts on BULLITT"S. The lens issue saw it here first, my A/C problem read about the problem here, and NOW the re-routing of the wire.... You guessed it, HERE FIRST... Stayed tuned for further updates... this is better than watching the stupid ticker on CNN all day!!!!!! I go to sleep now just wanting to logon to read the updates.... Amhen!

BLK#3298

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sure enough. I also had a piece of textured tape on the harness where it contacted the loom. Re-routed and will have no problems. I also got my dealership to order replacemens for my spotted headlamps, but when I told them about the SB, they said they could do no preventative maintenance under waranty, so I would have to wait until it broke. Whatever, took me 2 seconds to re-route with the help of BulittClub. Great forum, glad I found it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cpeders on 2001-10-20 13:29 ]</font>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts