Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

I know we're all proud of our Bullitts and IMHO I see specialty Mustangs possibly a distant memory. Holding on to our Bullitts my be worth more than you may think. However, I'm not dreaming to believe they will be a collectors item $$$$, but they will be special.

Question to all: Do you think specialty Mustangs will be discontinued based on the economy & Obama's direction towards green/electricity?? For instance: Will we ever see the Boss Mustang or other products like them in the future???:surprised

BTW, today's market on Ford:

"Ford fell 5 cents, or 2.5 percent, to $1.98 at 12:19 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The shares plunged 70 percent in the 12 months ended yesterday." :eek:

Interested in your thoughts.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Most folks forget, or don't know, that US automakers sell about 50% of all the cars sold in America today. The cars, particularly Fords, are in the middle to upper level in the quality race, and are as efficient as anyone's product. the major issue today with the US companies are the costs that are tacked onto each unit for legacy and golden parachutes. These add from $2000 to $4000 in cost for each unit sold.

As soon as the makers come up with a better business plan, get leaner from a cost added viewpoint, they'll be as competitive as anyone, more than some.

All this gets me to this, there should be commpetition among the makers to draw us into the showrooms, now more than ever. This should see an increase in "specialty" offerings, not fewer.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Absolutely NOT dead!! Mustang is an icon not only to us, but to FORD also. As long as they play the Green Game, and pump out the Fiesta's Focus's and Fusions along with the required Hybrid's. Mustang and especially SE's will thrive. Besides most Mustang sales are in the V-6 category anyway, and IF the eco-boost really does come to Mustang, then the SE's will live on forever.

·
Registered
930 Posts
No...I think that US manufacturers must finally wake up and play to thier strengths instead of trying to compete with cheap imports...

Why try to build cheap cars when China and Korea can do more for less?

The Boss Mustang and other speciality cars are EXACTLY what Ford should be thinking about now...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not a chance. SE's are a huge part of building brand loyalty and excitement. Besides, green doesn't have to mean slow. Look at the new GT500, 40 more HP and 2mpg better than last year. With things like direct injection on the immediate horizon, we can expect our beloved Mustang to continue becoming both faster and greener.

K

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I predict that there will be special edition Mustangs in the future, at least as long as they build a Mustang. I really thought that there would be an 09 Mach or Boss as a 40th anniversary of the 69 models, but I think that Ford just ran out money in today's economy. Damn less than $2 a share? wish I had not bought a bunch at $2.10 a share last month.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Lambo said:
I predict that there will be special edition Mustangs in the future, at least as long as they build a Mustang. I really thought that there would be an 09 Mach or Boss as a 40th anniversary of the 69 models, but I think that Ford just ran out money in today's economy. Damn less than $2 a share? wish I had not bought a bunch at $2.10 a share last month.
It'll got back up. Ford has only just now had to tap their Credit Line.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Remember. Owning FORD Stock has another benefit: X-Plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
whats the point of having a 400+hp SE when all it does is sit in the garage undriven

·
Registered
803 Posts
I hope they are not dead. With the new mustang coming out (which I think they did a good job on), I think they are just tapping into what the car can do. Get a Mach1, BOSS, whatever they have to do to keep them coming. I'm proud of my 08 bullitt an I hope they'll make more SEs.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Only problem with "Specialty" Mustangs,is when it comes to the actual retail sale,the damn dealers think they are just too special,to sell to Joe average, read as ADM.
Just forget the whole "Special" thing and list the engine/drivetrain upgrades,as an Option,with no hype or fanfare,just like the good old days,when the dealers,still made a profit,and customers walked out happy after a fair and successful purchase. Not P'oed waliking out,without a sale,due to the crazy price gouging!!!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Mus408 said:
Only problem with "Specialty" Mustangs,is when it comes to the actual retail sale,the damn dealers think they are just too special,to sell to Joe average, read as ADM.
Just forget the whole "Special" thing and list the engine/drivetrain upgrades,as an Option,with no hype or fanfare,just like the good old days,when the dealers,still made a profit,and customers walked out happy after a fair and successful purchase. Not P'oed waliking out,without a sale,due to the crazy price gouging!!!!
x2.... each car would be more unique and hold it's value better. This style of auto manufacturing has done wonders for the likes of MINI.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I think there will be specialty Mustangs in the future. Mach 1, Boss, Shelbys etc. but I think this may be the end of the Bullitts. The 01 and the 08/09 sold less the expected. The generation that appreciates the Bullitt and its stealth appearance is getting older. I think that future specialty Mustangs will have more flash (and better performance).

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Maybe in the future a Specialty Mustang might be a Mustang with a engine that burns gasoline.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Jack Dw 852. Well Said,i Agree With You 100%. Maybe A 50th Bullitt But Only Time Will Tell, Be Safe Mister Jack. John

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
We may very well be approaching the end of the internal combustion engine era. We may be among the last generation to enjoy the power of said engine.

The "Push to Green" is on and we may see a phasing out of high performance cars as well as gasoline powered vehicles.

Enjoy while you can. I am.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts