Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took #5508 in today for some warranty work. Told them the speed volume on the radio doesn't work (I know this from an earlier post where an owner had a audio shop connect it). The tech just told me that he called Ford and they said that if the radio didn't say SVT on it, then it didn't have that feature! WTF!!!! Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Per Scott Hoag (Team Ford/Bullitt creater) at the MCA 25th in Commerce Ga...the Bullitt's 460 system does NOT have this feature.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had this feature in my last car. To be honest, it really annoyed me. If you like to listen to your music loud, when you get going it can get so loud your ears will bleed. :smile:

I personally don't miss it.

#4366, DHG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittMike on 2001-11-29 00:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have it on my '02 Mercury Mountaineer and also don't think anything of it. I turned it off. It just doesn't work very well.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Karl,

If you don't mind me asking, what did the fog lights cost? Also was everything there, you just needed to mount them, plug them in and put the switch in? I looked under #227 and I don't see any wires on the passenger side, but the body shop had the front bumper off twice for painting. Can you tell me a little about what you needed to do to install these?

Thanks

Bud

PS if you want go ahead and eMAIL me direct at...

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was stupid and ordered the fog light kit that you would use if you had a non-GT. I didn't know any better. I bought the car on Saturday and stoped by the dealership on Monday to place the order. Once they came in and I got under the car, I realized that all I needed was the two lights and the switch in the dash. Everything else was there. I didn't need the wiring harness, etc that came with it. Then the switch that I got had a green half-moon indicator light that didn't look to well with the orange dots on the defroster and traction control. So this past Saturday I ordered another switch for $30. It cost me about $250 for the lights when I probably could have done it with two lights and a switch for like $130.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
What exactly does 'speed volume' accomplish? I have never heard of it before.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I thought all that was needed was to plug in a sensor to the radio. If the '02 has it, I would think it would be a fairly easy thing to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts