Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am seriously considering the 3.73 gear for my Bullitt, I called the local Ford dealer to price the install. The technician I spoke to said that as part of the install, they install either a Dallas Mustang or Abbott Racing speedometer box, which corrects your speedo after the gear swap. Anybody here have experience with this "box"? I am wondering if it is really required and how far off would the speedo be if I chose not to install it.
This Ford dealer quoted me 600.00 for everything.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Even the Dallas Mustang one splices into the wires. No big deal though.

So for $600 you are getting:
Gears=$200
Speedo compensator=$100
Labor=$300

A little high on labor, but you said this was from a Ford dealer...right? Sounds about right then.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I just had 3.73s installed and the Abbot Box. Without the box, your speedometer will run 8mph faster. So what? Think of the extra miles you'll put on the car with out really driving that far.

We'll worth the $100. I paid, $799 for the gears, abbot box, tri-ax and labor for everything.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-08 11:35, h1resq wrote:
I just had 3.73s installed and the Abbot Box. Without the box, your speedometer will run 8mph faster. So what? Think of the extra miles you'll put on the car with out really driving that far.

We'll worth the $100. I paid, $799 for the gears, abbot box, tri-ax and labor for everything.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't think of the extra mileage. DOH!
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts