Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their speedometer stop working? All other guages are functioning properly. Jeff has removed the fuse for the radio since the battery was draining after sitting a day or two but the radio was working fine today. We attended a car show and played Bullitt through the speakers. During lunch, the car battery gave out. He jumped the car off with his and then the speedometer wasn't working. Any ideas? Of course we cleaned very well under the hood and looked there but didn't see anything out of place. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

all fuse's in the car and under the hood check good and the speedcal still has power going to it.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Sounds like the speedcal is bad.

BTW, your PM box is full.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: Jeff wanted me to ask what part of cleaning the car made the speedcal go bad?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Maybe a speed sensor went bad?????

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
BlueBullitt2180 said:
:lol: Jeff wanted me to ask what part of cleaning the car made the speedcal go bad?
With Jeff washing it there is no telling.

Are you guys going to be at Nats in Tulsa?

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it started working again. I put it in first and heard a crackling noise for a second. Jeff says it's probably the wiring. We are definitely going to be in Tulsa but we will be in a rental. Are you guys planning on coming up?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
BlueBullitt2180 said:
Well, it started working again. I put it in first and heard a crackling noise for a second. Jeff says it's probably the wiring. We are definitely going to be in Tulsa but we will be in a rental. Are you guys planning on coming up?
Why no Bullitt?

We are tentatively planning on being there. It depends on how much we spend in Spain.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We can't get enough time off work to drive to Tulsa and back but we missed the last 2.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
BlueBullitt2180 said:
We can't get enough time off work to drive to Tulsa and back but we missed the last 2.
It would be nice to bring a Bullitt but better to fly in and be there rather than miss it.
Also it will be nice to see you both again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts