Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first Sunday in October is All Ford Day. It is sponsored by the Early V8 Ford Club.

My dad is 88 years old and just like every year in the past, he gets his 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe out and drives it over to the park to spend the day visiting and bench racing with other local Ford owners. He has owned this car for 61 years. I was 18 months old when he brought it home and got it running so he and my mom would have a second car.

Originally powered by a flathead, dad changed the drivetrain out to a 1957 312 Y block V8. It is backed up by a C4 automatic and a 9 inch rear axle.

I took my Bullitt but parked next to my dad this year instead of parking with the other Mustangs. I got to hear a few stories that I had not heard before so it was a great day to spend at the park, talking with my dad and looking at cars.

Here is a shot of our cars.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Good to see him still getting the '39 out. I've seen it several times and it's a very nice and unique build. Sometimes parking in the "wrong" section is fun. I think I confused a number of people when I parked my Roush with the Bullitts at Nationals this year. It's great that you were able to spend time with him at the car show. Not many 88 year olds still cruising around and going to shows in their vintage cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts