Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the back seats fold down? I have read articles about the '08 Mustangs calling it a split back folding seat, but my Bullitt does not seem to fold, and neither does my wife's '08 GT. Is there a trick to it or are they fixed in place?

Many thanks!

Anthony

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Look for the black nylon loops on the outer side of each seat back near the top and PULL! You'd be surprised how much music gear & guitars you can fit back there!
Just wish they folded flat & hidden like the 65's so it looks more like a 2 seater.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read the manual cover to cover and sure didn't see it in there.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Going on a big trip tomorrow and this really helps! I even called my dealer today and they told me they do not fold down; can you beleive it! I knew somebody on this great site would know. Thanks again.

Cheers~ Anthony

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Anthony, they might take a little bit of force to pull them out the first time. The neat thing about these is that they started the hinge high enough that you can still fold them down flat with the seats all the way back (important if you are tall like me). My Pontiac Grand Prix had them but they couldn't open flat when my seat was back, which didn't do me that much good. Enjoy your new Bullitt and welcome to IMBOC!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
RCSignals said:
That's funny about your dealer.

I think it's the convertible rear seats that don't fold.
Yes, I plan to call them today to educate them about the products they sell. They just gave us a really good deal on a new '08 GT for my wife, so I am not angry with them, just a bit surprised. BTW, the Bullitt and her new Candy Apple Red GT with chrome 18" wheels look so nice together, we really do love these new Mustangs.

Yes, I have read the convertibles do not fold.

Taking Bullitt 872 on a 2,000 mile trip, first time since we bought in in January. Only have 700 miles on it right now and have had it since January, and those miles were put on the first week, then it was put into storage (special ordered it just the way I wanted it and paid actual sticker which at the time was considered a very good deal). Picked it up the day it arrived at the dealer.

So I went over the entire car last weekend, all fluids checked, tire pressures set at 32, washed & waxed, changed the oil & filter to Amsoil etc., so shes ready to hit the road. Wife kind of wanted to take her new automatic GT, but I told her the Bullitt would get much better mileage :wink: plus I would rather not go beyond 1,000 miles on the factory oil, and this trip is double that... plus her trunk space is limited by that huge shaker 1000 box, and on this trip we need the extra room in the Bullitt.

I was keeping the Bullitt covered in storage with a battery tender with plans to let it appreciate, but since there are tons of them sitting on the lots here priced below $30,000, and more still being made as 2009 41st anniversary models :mad: I decided it was time to get her out and just start enjoying it. Falling in love all over again; now I remember why I bought it in the first place...

Cheers~ Anthony

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
That's funny about your dealer.

I think it's the convertible rear seats that don't fold.

That is correct; we have an 08 convertible and the seats do not fold.

·
Registered
162 Posts
artillerybuff said:
I was keeping the Bullitt covered in storage with a battery tender with plans to let it appreciate, but since there are tons of them sitting on the lots here priced below $30,000, and more still being made as 2009 41st anniversary models :mad: I decided it was time to get her out and just start enjoying it.
Smart decision.
We'll all be long gone, before any current vehicles appreciate in value. However, driving the Bullitt is an awful lot of fun, while we are alive.
Have a good trip. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.