Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, almost. One day a quickly passing storm lightly sprinkled #2095 and it needed a light towel down. And, it did brave some light snow flurries once.

I'm finding it hard to believe, but the undercarriage has never been wet.

There's only one way to do it. My '88 Ranger takes the beating. I've never had the option of pampering a show car. I've always driven my wheels into the ground.

Anyone else dodging the elements?

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2002-01-16 11:17 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
4865 has never seen rain. Fortunately, I have a vehicle from work to use.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The two of you are lucky. 2571 has seen lots of rain, few flurries and some light hail. No damage though. But now I've picked up something else and can keep 2571 away from the elements.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
1161 has never seen rain, although I ran through a puddle once. :smile:

Seriously, its our 3rd ride, so I have this luxury (it saves me from washing the car all the time :smile:

It does make driving it "extra special" for me, and I can't wait until Spring! :smile:

Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
NEVER! Seriously though, it's a bit easier for me. Second car, and I live in AZ.

·
Premium Member
18,832 Posts
DHG 3875 has only seen rain while parked
on the lot at the local Ford dealer. I was
suprised that they had the four Bullitts
parked in the BACK of the lot yet had a
Focus, Explorer, F-150, etc. in the show-
room...what's up with THAT?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Mine also has seen 100+ temps, heavy rain, foot-deep puddles, and some mud. Thus, the purchase of undercoating when I bought it. It's my daily driver (my only car) so it has to face the elements. Mine was meant to be driven!! (and still the paint is chip free...how I managed that is beyond me...)

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
No such luck.
Bought this car as a daily driver, and daily driven it is!
The Baby sits pampered, sheltered and covered in the garage.
Someday, when I'm rich (HAH!), I'll buy another daily driver...wouldn't a Saleen or a Roush work well???!!!...and Bullitt will find a spot in the garage.
Hasn't seen snow, so far, here in Northern California!
:smile:

334 Posts
4120 has never seen rain... Thanks to the forum I pulled out my built sheet in perfect condition due to not having to drive in foul conditions.Have a Co.supplied truck as daily driver and what we on Long Island refer to as a "Station car",ajunker thats ok to leave in the commuter train station parking lot.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-16 16:07, kfengler wrote:
FREMONT, No CA? I always considered No. CA to be north of Sacramento... :smile: I guess if the center of the USA is in Dallas :eek: , then you can be in No. CA. :roll:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Karl...if you draw a line in the center of California...where does Fremont end up (We're slightly north of San Jose)?
People don't consider this Central California, it's definitely not Southern California...I give up. :smile:
Where am I????

·
Registered
291 Posts
rain........... naw. I don't even take it out if it is past a certain humidity %.

·
Registered
89 Posts
no rain on my baby!i hate to go through water
on the street.but the coat of dust it collects in the garage is just as bad....
i guess i'm lucky to live in dallas lot of
sun & fun here.

shorty,

·
Registered
310 Posts
The heck with pampering Bullitt 1676 The harder I drive her the more she likes it! Of course I wont take her out in snow and ice and thats because in Illinois the dummies still use salt on the roads maybe one day they will enter the 21st century. As far as paint chips no problem here! Stongard is unbelievable worth every cent!
Thanx Havgun #1676 PS: Besides sitting in a garage in IMHO is just not good for a car and how in the heck will one ever wear out warranty items. One day the warranty will be gone and that nice shiny new Bullitt will leave the garage and poof there goes the motor ! So drive her till she drops but always keep her clean!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2002-01-16 18:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
148 Posts
Never any rain on this garage queen.In hibernatation till the snow stops and the sun shines. Hurry up spring time !!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-16 18:37, Havgunwiltrav wrote:
The heck with pampering Bullitt 1676 The harder I drive her the more she likes it! Of course I wont take her out in snow and ice and thats because in Illinois the dummies still use salt on the roads maybe one day they will enter the 21st century. As far as paint chips no problem here! Stongard is unbelievable worth every cent!
Thanx Havgun #1676 PS: Besides sitting in a garage in IMHO is just not good for a car and how in the heck will one ever wear out warranty items. One day the warranty will be gone and that nice shiny new Bullitt will leave the garage and poof there goes the motor ! So drive her till she drops but always keep her clean!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2002-01-16 18:44 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, I said 1161 doesn't see any rain (or snow), I *didn't* say that I pampered it! :smile:

When its dry, she gets a work out. :smile:

Mike

·
Registered
509 Posts
DHG #0910....no rain, no snow and no wet pavement! Don't have to hose down the underside.......just vacuum it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
One light rain ,returning from car show.
No snow , stored til April

1 - 20 of 38 Posts