Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I, when we were ordering our Bullitt, for a moment thought about putting the sport pkg. on the hood. Anyone order theirs with the package? I think it is done at the dealer after delivery, isn't it?

That would make a Bullitt a unique one from everyone elses'! hummmmmm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-09-03 23:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
219 Posts
What's the sport package?

Also, I'm a little curious about this "I want mine to look different" phenomena. Different from what? Another Bullitt? One of the reasons I bought #196 was because of its exclusiveness. In the four months I've owned my Bullitt, I've only seen one other and as far as I know, I own the only Bullitt in my city. That is different enough for me.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some people want their Bullitts to be a little different grom other Bullitts. They want to add a little "something to be unique.

The sport package was for the GT and it was a stripe (decal) added to the hood. Our dealer asked us if we wanted that and we thought for a moment and said "no thanks"

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
The sport package was for the GT and it was a stripe (decal) added to the hood. Our dealer asked us if we wanted that and we thought for a moment and said "no thanks"
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Isn't that the same as the 35th Ann car? I considered it, but flat black on shiny black might look wierd. Or cool.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I wanted someting different too....
I had mine painted Performance Red over the weekend at a local custom shop.....SWEET...
Just call me PR #1302 from now on.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-04 11:22, JayP wrote:

Isn't that the same as the 35th Ann car? I considered it, but flat black on shiny black might look wierd. Or cool.

No, the 35th anvs. car had one black stripe that went "into" the hood scoop from the leading edge of the hood. This package has two separate black stripes that run up either side of the hood with "GT" cut out. They look good on a GT. But on a Bullitt, I would say no simply because of the GT cutouts. Flat Black on shiny black would be cool though. It would be subtle.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: K&N, $7.00 dryer duct ram air, MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights.
1969 AMC AMX #7831 390 4-speed Go Pack Hunter Green Metallic
Mods: None/stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-09-04 11:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
Those stripes came from the Spring Feature car doesn't it? Or did the Spring Feature have the stipe go down the middle. I'll check it out tonite. A local dealer has a yellw 2000 GT with the stripes that fun on either side of the scoop. Either way the stripe only works when you have a lighter colored car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
DHG 1302,

You're kidding, right?

·
Registered
835 Posts
And, hopefully it would be the last of its kind before becoming extinct.

·
Registered
360 Posts
On 2001-09-04 11:26, DHG #1302 wrote:
I wanted someting different too....
I had mine painted Performance Red over the weekend at a local custom shop.....SWEET...
Just call me PR #1302 from now on.

To match the brake calipers, of course!!
SACRELEDGE!!! :eek::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittgirl on 2001-09-05 09:38 ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts