Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the H&R sport line or Super Sport springs? Would I have to buy caster/camber plaes, X2 ball joints and a bump steer kit if I bought them? How much if any would it lower our Bullitts? Also wich is better Bilstine shock/strut combo or like KYB, Eiboc, Tokiko shock/strut combo?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I used to have and lots of others have the H&R supersports. Not sure on the exact amount of drop, but it should be posted somewhere, try doing a search. I thought the drop was about perfect though and the car rode well. Most people get CC plates at least with them. However, I went a long time with only the springs. Car aligned well with about a -1.25 camber (which might be a little much for some). Shocks depend on what you want to do with the car, but Bilstine and tokiko make a good shock IMHO. Bilstein probably a little better, but also more expensive.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm planning on getting the H&R race springs.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Bilsteins FTW.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
I have the Supersports. Great springs. Using the stock rubber insolators will make it sit a little lower than with urethane. CC plates are hit and miss. I installed them since it was going to be apart anyway. I don't have or feel I need the X2's or bumpsteer kit.

I have Bulsteins and I'm very happy with them. Koni's and Tokico D-specs are supposed to be a very good combo. The blue Tokicos may not be stout enough for the Supersports, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. So If I'm getting this correct I could go with the H&R SS springs and the Bilstine shock/strut combo and go without the X2 ball joints and the bump steer kit.

·
Registered
618 Posts
From what I hear, you should be careful about what Tokico's you choose. I heard that other than the D-Specs, the rest don't hold up very well. You should use Bils or Koni's. I don't think that the price between the Bils and Koni's varies that much and the Koni's are highly recommended due to the adjustability of the sport series.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
^^^^talk about "sittin in the weeds"...

looks good Aaron!! I hope to have the 18's on mine this week (finally) and after the Nats, i think springs will be the next ext. mod...

shaun

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I went with the H&R Sports over the SuperSports because some on here had mentioned the rough ride with the stock strut/shock setup with the SuperSports. I am very happy with the Sports with the stock dampeners. Alignment is in perfect spec without the use of C/C plates.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
SniperStang said:
^^^^talk about "sittin in the weeds"...

looks good Aaron!! I hope to have the 18's on mine this week (finally) and after the Nats, i think springs will be the next ext. mod...

shaun

LOL yeah it sits pretty low. Thanks Shaun, you wont be dissapointed with some new springs.

·
Registered
618 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
Fox 4 cyl springs here, and everyone neglects the Strange 10-ways! :irked:
How do you like those springs? Strange shocks and Fox 4 cylinder springs sounds like a drag combo.

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
fromthecoast said:
How do you like those springs? Strange shocks and Fox 4 cylinder springs sounds like a drag combo.

I love the springs, they didn't settle much, so when the car was put back together, I was really hoping it wouldn't drop much more, and it didn't. I really like the shocks because you can make many different changes. I haven't taken it to the strip yet, but I am going to really try to take as much off the line twist out with dampening. We'll see...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts