Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bullitt AK said:
yeah i know i guess i might just wait until i have time
Ive heard some ridiculous prices from shops for installs and it is a fairly easy job so i would just wait and save some money personally...but thats just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
The shop that did my suspension work charged $500 for the folling install:

Springs
Shocks
Struts
CC Plates
Sway bar bushings
End link kit
Rear LCA's
Front A Arms
Rack bushings

For just springs, I wouldn't guess more than $200
Wow!! I wish I had shops like that round here!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Installing springs yourself is NOT a huge ordeal if you have a flat place to work and basic hand tools. You probably want to go to your local parts store and borrow a spring compressor. I recall using compressors for the fronts when I did them years ago, but the rear does not need them for sure.

As stated above, the task of removing the springs and replacing them makes the additional labor for many of the other items less. For example the shocks, CC Plates, a-arms, lca, all require the springs to be released also.

Do you have basic mechanical aptitude and tools? ...or know a buddy who can help you out? The spring/shock/CC Plate install is a project you can handle with a small amount of confidence in yourself. Think of what other mods you could spend that $500 on if you do this yourself.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Not a tough job to install if you are at all handy with a wrench. I did by myself on my 92 Mustang. Like said a spring compressor for the fronts. A floor jack & another small jack plus hand tools. I plan on doing my own when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The local shop quoted me $250 to install my springs. My buddy that works a a local Ford Dealer put them in and aligned it (on my 2000 GT Convertible)for $100 ! What a deal that was! Plus I bought brand new Steeda Sport springs for $50 from a member in my Mustang Club. So for a total of $150 I got it sittin sweet and low. I love my Steeda Sport Springs!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I changed my springs at the track in under an hour last season, lol....its a pretty easy job, no need for a spring compressor just jack stands and a good floor jack and some basic hand tools....save the $$ and do it yourself, much more rewarding too

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
4fit? said:
Changed mine out myself in 2 hours without a spring compressor, taking time to eat breakfast, and BS with my buddies. Easy job.
It isn't a hard job at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts