Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone just replaced their springs without changing anything else and not added CC plates. If so, did you have any issues with either handling or with alignments? Thanx.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i just put H&R super sports on. no issues at all. im going to get caster camber plates and take it to an alignment shop but ive had to since before i changed the springs. it didnt change anything just by lowering it for me.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I'd be interested in this as well.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have H&R SS and no CC plates. It put me at about -1.25 caster (or is that camber) anyway the top of the wheels tip in slightly, but that is exactly where I would have told an alignment shop to put them at. So I was going to wait a little before I got the CC plates. It has been 30,000 miles and I still have not gotten around to it yet.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Matt Stachler said:
I have H&R SS and no CC plates. It put me at about -1.25 caster (or is that camber) anyway the top of the wheels tip in slightly, but that is exactly where I would have told an alignment shop to put them at. So I was going to wait a little before I got the CC plates. It has been 30,000 miles and I still have not gotten around to it yet.
How's the tire wear?

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for all of the replies. Guess I will put the springs in and go from there.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I am having MRT Street Performance Springs, CC plates, and lower control arms installed tomorrow by MRT here in Michigan. They'll also do an alignment. I'll retain the OEM Tokico shocks/struts.

I will give an update after the install, however Scott Hoag says I should have no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
I am having MRT Street Performance Springs, CC plates, and lower control arms installed tomorrow by MRT here in Michigan. They'll also do an alignment. I'll retain the OEM Tokico shocks/struts.

I will give an update after the install, however Scott Hoag says I should have no problems.

Bill,
Check with them to see if I could get away with installing springs only without doing CC plates or bump steer or anything else. I just want the springs for better looks but don't want to go through the expense or time to go any farther than that. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
Bill,
Check with them to see if I could get away with installing springs only without doing CC plates or bump steer or anything else. I just want the springs for better looks but don't want to go through the expense or time to go any farther than that. Thanks.

Will do!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
Bill,
MRT suggests going with the H&R Sport Springs (not the Super Sport). It will lower a GT about 1.6 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. Also, do an alignment after the install.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
How's the tire wear?
I thought that it might be a problem, but after so many miles I don't seem to notice much of a difference in wear between inner tread and the outer tread. So at least so far it hasn't been an issue.

Matt

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lowering

DragonBullitt said:
Has anyone just replaced their springs without changing anything else and not added CC plates. If so, did you have any issues with either handling or with alignments? Thanx.
About 3 years ago I lowered my stock GT with a set of Sprint Performance Suspension spings that I read about on the mustangworld website.They claimed to give an approx.2" drop.I got just a little less than 2" out of them.All I did was the springs,nothing else.Didn't have any real problems at all.You could tell that the camber was off a little cause the top of the tire tilted in a little but it handled good and didn't seem to eat up tires.However,I'm an old fart and didn't drive it very hard and barely put 5 thousand miles a year on it.Two weeks ago I put the same kind of springs in my Bullitt and they really set off the 18" Bullitt wheels.The one thing I did notice this time was the ride quality,it is much better than the GT was.I'm sure it's because of the different suspension parts in the Bullitt.For now all I'm gonna do is get the alignment checked , I think the toe in looks a little off.Good luck,I think about the best improvement you can make in the looks of these cars is to drop em!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone.

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanx again for all the replies. I went ahead and ordered the Vogtland springs..1.5 drop front and 1.4 rear, so we will see.

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mr.BULLITT said:
Never hear of Vogtland
They are another German spring manufacturer, like H & R and apparently have been in business for a very long time. I had heard of them before, never had their springs before though. Write ups I have seen have been very positive. Guess I'll find out!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts