Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I don't know about that one. I thought it was neat when they came out, kinda retro 86 thing, but I'm not sure if would really make a difference on the Bullitt. Just my opinion.
Cam

·
Registered
821 Posts
I know, I know...to each his/her own...but WHAT is wrong with the stock beauty of the Bullitt????? Why add, take off, etc? I can understand a few of the satin trim goodies on the interior because they match well with the stock trim goodies, but even with those, I did not get them all...too gawdy.....stripes? Oh man.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Some how I don't see the stripes looking that good on the car. The color is a little too dark, so they won't be all that noticable.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Amen Green Pony!

I'm not against mods, but really, WHY buy a limited edition Bullitt just to make all these changes? IMO, it needs nothing! I have three satin trim items inside, am not adding anything else, it doesn't need it...too much is too gawdy, and hey, I'm entitled to that opinion.

:smile:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-25 07:41, MCQUEEN wrote:
You guys are the same ones that probbly lost it when I moded that Cobra out.
Its just a GT to me sorrry guys
Oh IM gona get flamed now
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I think the black stripes would look good on a DHG Bullitt. Dark and subtle. I would rather they said BULLITT or nothing at all and not GT. But the car is afterall, a GT. Do what you want. The stripes are one of the least offensive things I've heard other people want to do to their Bullitts. Clear tailights?! Ugh! (now's where I cover my butt like everyone and say, "but it's only my opinion" :roll: )

·
Registered
466 Posts
This is not a flame, but you did ask for people's opinions. When you do that you are bound to get some negative responses.

As far as I'm concerned, it's your car and you can make it into a monster truck if you want and it's OK by me.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
crs is right, you asked for opinions and then got very defensive!!
of course you should do whatever YOU think looks good on your baby!! i personally don't think it would look great but it won't look too bad either! it's what you think that really counts!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I noticed that too, mystang99....many put up posts asking "what do you guys think?" and they are cool with ya, as long as you "think" right along with their idea, but if you say you don't like it, they get defensive, I noticed that myself. I say, if you don't want the opinions, don't come here asking for them!!

Just because you ask for opinions doesn't mean they are all going to be in agreeance with what you want to hear. If you ask for opinions and you get 2 "yes" and 10 "no", I bet my last dollar the person asking will STILL go with the mod, so WHY even ask in the first place?!?!?

I think BULLITT is beautiful, JUST THE WAY SHE IS...too much junk, she's gonna look like junk! MY OPINION!!

:smile:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Yeah, but some people have more opinions than others and seem to feel the need to comment on every little thing. It's fine to have an opinion, but a little tact goes a long way.

·
Registered
822 Posts
My two cents..the bullitt is great as is. A little here and there to make it "your bullitt" is awesome. But the moral in my book is to keep the car as close to the spirit of the bullitt as possible. Personally I really like the Chrome Bullitt Wheels and have talked to Mike about it some. As for the stripes..I will have to side with the majority on that one. The original did not have stripes and therefore they would take away from the original concept. Small mods are great. Engine mods are ok, but vastly changing the look of the car..I think turns it into a regualer GT more than a Bullitt.
As everyone has ascerted..this is only my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK Im at a loss on this one
Can I ask you what does your Bullitt mean to you
To me Its just another car to have a blast with & turn heads with
I did not buy my car to make money on down the road
In 2 years My car will be one that will probbly be For Sale if I can afford to get a new car.
You guys always talk about this or that on your Bullitts that is not what it should have been
Its just a Mustang & stuff is gona break on them & some stuff is cheap on them also but I would not set my AZ in anything else.
When I get married & leave the church it will be in my Bullitt with crap all over it.
& I dont care if you say what I do looks bad its the fact some of you act like this car is the best thing ford ever made & should be left alone. All I ask if you guys thought it would look good. & I got its a Bullitt leave it alone type stuff & thats what my issues where about.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you should do to your Bullitt whatever makes you happy. This would certainly set your car apart from other Bullitts. But, weren't you annoyed that people thought your Bullitt was a phony in a previous post?

·
Registered
693 Posts
how about "C" stipes like on 68GT?
i got graphic express to make me one for
my 99GT

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
By all means modify, modify, modify. Then the rest of us with Un-modded Bullitts will have the unique systems.

No probs with anyone modifying, but like the Bullitt, for the most part, like it is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts