Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a squeaking noise when turning the steering wheel left or right while the car is parked. I also hear the same noise when going over small bumps in the road at slower speeds, and it sounds like the noise is consistently coming from the front. Any suggestions?

I did take the car to a local Merchants Tire and Auto and they didn't note any problems. I'd still like to get rid of the squeaking noise if possible.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Bushings

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
mine has been doing that, or a similar noise anyways, for about 10k or so miles now. Mine is a more of a screach when turning left/right, and sometimes over bumps if hte wheels move some. Changed the fluid, helped, but didn't go away. Occasionally it goes away for a while, then comes back. No problems though, just noise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The outer tie rod ends can cause that kind of noise. The ball turns in the socket when you turn the steering wheel and they pivot side to side when you go over bumps causing it to squeak if the joint is dry. If you hold the joint whith your hand while someone turns the wheel you will feel it if that is what's making the noise.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yes, as said before, it is more than likely outer tie rod. My passenger side needs replacing so i decided that for about the same cost i might as well go with the 03 cobra control arms from 5.0 resto and slap those bad boys on there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took my Bullitt to a local Ford dealership. They replaced both inner tierods - no more squeaking noises. Thanks everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts