Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight since its been nice out ive finally been able to drive with my windows down again. ive noticed that i have this squeak that seems like its coming from the right front. i hear it when i hit rough spots in the road and on bumps. i also hear it when the car is stopped and i turn the wheel. i saw something on here that mentioned that maybe the sway bar bushing need to be greased idk though. if anyone has any suggestions on what this could be and what i have to do to fix it please let me know

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Ball joints or tie rod ends, I might be able to check it out on a Saturday, let me know.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I think Motorcraft are less than $30 each for the outer if you but them at some place other than the dealer such as Late Model Restoration. I'm not sure about the inner. You could also buy them at any autoparts but I personally would want their upgrade items instead of the cheapest ones they carry. I bet the are in the $15 each range.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
just a side note, Once you replace any tierod be it inner or outer, it is almost mandatory to get an alignment.This is if you are doing it yourself.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u guys were right...i had it up on the lift today and to change the transfluid. i moved the tie rod with my hand a little and sure enough that b*tch was making the sound. that is possibly the most annoying squeak ever, although my breaks are kinda annoying lately. well that will be getting replaced very soon...thanks guys and btw Synchromax kicks ass

1 - 10 of 10 Posts