Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
It's the carbon fibre clutches, not poor engineering or poor quality control. I'm glad we didn't get the regular mill clutches for the Bullitt premium

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Feshdogg said:
How come there is a TSB for 8.8 inch Mustang GTs for the exact same problem? Manufacturer's don't issue a TSB unless there is a performance-related or customer complaint-related problem. In my opinion, that is a poor engineering decision. You might disagree, but I don't know why.

Is the Mustang (Bullitt or non-Bullitt, I don't know) the only car being made with carbon fiber clutches in its differential? Somehow I doubt it, but are they notoriously loud like ours? I drive a lot and hear a lot of other cars, have not heard something like that before. Like I said, it is embarrasing when compared to the Mustang's competition.
The Mustang GT does not share the same rear assembly, and does not have carbon fibre clutches. The Shelby GT500 and the GT500KR have carbon fibre disks. I believe the Ford GT does as well.
The TSB for the Mustang GT is an older one anyway as I recall, unless it has been renewed, and does not apply to the Bullitt

the Mustangs competition (you haven't defined what it is) does not have carbon fibre disks. The Dodges don't even have real limited slip, and have a much weaker differential assembly.

If yours is especially loud, take it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts