Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Squealing /Grind from my transmission

278 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  LesnTea 
#1 ·
Although I do have a slight catch from 1st to 2nd I think I may have a more serious problem brewing...It is most prominent while in 4th gear with no load on the tranny. A very audible squealing/grind type of sound can be heard and also felt through the shifter. You can hear it in all gears as well as when I have the clutch depressed, the shifter in neutral, rolling to a stop, hit a small bump and whala you can hear the noise.

Any ideas on what this may be?? Teresa is going to take it to the dealer tomorrow so wish us luck on that.

I also wanted to know anyone's thoughts on installing a 3660 in place of our 3650. Or better yet will a TKO bolt up?

Black Bullitt #3185

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-31 00:46 ]</font>

See less See more
#2 ·
Teresa took the Mustang to the dealer today while I was at work and now we have an appointment for the 13th. They plan to have the car for 3 to 5 days to go through the transmision and posibly replace the whole thing. She was very happy with the way she was treated. anyway I''ll updated this later to let all know what they found and what they did.

Later...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.