Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just throwing this out for any and all rumors. Does anyone know through their connections if a blast from the past will ever come about again, namely the SSP Ford Mustang. I would love to grab a new one rather than an abused used as that is all that remains. PY, respond kindly to this thread!!!! Curt W.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
From everyone I have talked to about this subject it doesn't look like it will happen. I know they did up an 05 for the CHP celebration a few years ago but that was a one off thing for the celebration.
If you are looking for some clean SSP's check out this site...http://sspmustang.org/
EXCELLENT source for all things SSP. ;)

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
There was a nice smooth eyed SSP on ebay last week. FHP? I forget, and I didn't watch it so I don't know if it sold or not. Never mind the year or how much it sold for, if it did.

H

·
0 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I know of at least one police dept that has a 05+ GT as a radar car. Lancaster TX PD. Been trying to get a pic but no luck as of yet. Most all are going to the Chargers.
The Coronado Police here in San Diego County have the GT as Radar/Chase car they use mostly on the "Silver Strand", HWY 75.

Damn things are fast as hell!!

I had one blow by me chasing a "crotch rocket" like I was standing still. He/She was still up shifting when it went by me and was keeping up!

I would really like to get a look at one also!!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
If you look around enough and are lucky you kind find some very clean SSP's that weren't abused. Kinda like the 1991 I had while back. Was an unmarked Alcohol Enforcement car from NC and was driven more by the office secretary than the guys in the UNit where it was deployed. Go figure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I don't know much about SSP's other than the fact that Cam had a nice one and the console ashtray door would not stay closed. :lol: Also, I hang out at www.crownvic.net a little bit and if Ford was going to make another SSP it would be all over that website.

I have some more pics of Cam's SSP somewhere...meanwhile here's a police vehicle related pic of some sort. :py1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
If you look around enough and are lucky you kind find some very clean SSP's that weren't abused. Kinda like the 1991 I had while back. Was an unmarked Alcohol Enforcement car from NC and was driven more by the office secretary than the guys in the UNit where it was deployed. Go figure.
That is a very nice coupe!:cool: Guess being an admin type has it's perks of one kind or another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts