Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has purchased an axle-back exhaust from SSS (Stainless Steel Systems). The exhaust seems to look high in quality...looks, etc. Listened to some sound clips...sounds sweet. The price is good too. I am trying to decide on which axle-back to get...and it's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I went with the SLP axle backs very happy so far. Quality seems good all stainless price was fair at American muscle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. I thought there was a thread on this that I had read a while back.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I am definitely looking at these for my 05.....Rico, I will check the sound clip when I get home, but, can you compare the volume of the SSS to lets say Flowmaster American Thunder Axlebacks....or, I guess, to the stock Bullitt Cans.....I have the Bullitt axlebacks on my 05, but because I do not have the correct h pipe, I will never get the bullitt sound I am looking for.....

I need a bit more volume than I have now, but not too annoying....I am an old guy.......LOL.....

I have been chatting with Matt over at StangMods about getting the 50 state legal version......decisions, decisions........

Thx,
Mike

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Rico#890 said:
There is a phone # in my thread so you can call them direct. The guys name is Jhon and he is great to deal with.
Will they sell direct, or no?? If yes, do you know how much for the street legal version??

Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mike,
Yes you can deal direct with them. That is why John put his phone # in my thread. I will warn you that they are MUCH louder than the stockers at first. There was some drone at 2000 rpm only in 5th gear that went away after a few weeks. After breaking them in they sound just right to me. They sound very close to the frpp stingers. I paid somewhere around 300 + 30 something for shipping.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered up the street legal "terminator" axle backs. The next 7-10 days for shipping will be agony waiting!!!!

Rico...yours are with the 4" tips right? No problems with fitment over the stock 3.5" tips? I thought there was an option for 3.5", but apparently not. Anyways...can't wait.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just spoke with the guy John at SSS. He confirmed that they only make the axle back systems for 05+ with 4" tips now. They used to do the 3.5", but no longer. Assured me there were no issues with that. Great guy to talk to.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
4 inch tips fit great....I had Flows on my 05, and they looked awesome!! I am right on the edge of ordering these....Just concerned they are a bit loud.......

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Rico#890 said:
Mike,
Yes you can deal direct with them. That is why John put his phone # in my thread. I will warn you that they are MUCH louder than the stockers at first. There was some drone at 2000 rpm only in 5th gear that went away after a few weeks. After breaking them in they sound just right to me. They sound very close to the frpp stingers. I paid somewhere around 300 + 30 something for shipping.

Talk about pushing me over the edge......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mThO8IzrrlE&feature=related

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just ordered the SSS for the 05....Anxious to hear them with the JBA Shorties, and the Vortech.....

With any luck, I will have them before next Saturday's Cruise!!!:cool: :cool:

Mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Can't wait to get mine. Just seemed like such a good deal.

·
Registered
901 Posts
This what I'm going with 3" polished. I got a hook up I will post sound soon. They coming in 10th. I got them for $100.00 less then the best price I found.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts