Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember someone posting some info about having stage 1 ported heads on our Bullitts. Did anyone every find out if there was any truth to that statement? If this is so I am thinking of doing only 4 more mods to my car.
1. Aluminum driveshaft
2. 3.73 final drive gears
3. Sean Hyland GT camshaft and valve springs
4. Clean out that wonderful intake we have

The cams can be found here. http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/html/cat05.html

Any input on my ideas would be greatly appreciated. As far as power increases. I am not so sure what the cam and springs would give me. But I do know this, I will have a rumbling 60's sound for sure. You all know what I mean. That sound where you hear every cylinder firing individually. Should sound GREAT without the mufflers on my car.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Those mods sound cool.. but what really got me interested on his site was this...

Now THAT takes me back to the good ol' days. Too bad it looks like a Cobra only mod..
As far as my mods.. I don't want forced induction so I was thinking of just doing mostly NA mods. Cleaning up the intake, maybe head work and the Longtube headers.
The Aluminum Driveshaft is gonna be cool but I'm gona leave the gears alone as this car is going to see a bunch of road trip miles.. Florida, Nevada, East Coast.. Camping vacations are in the works...

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-07-05 12:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
57 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-05 12:21, Blakwing wrote:
Those mods sound cool.. but what really got me interested on his site was this...
Now THAT takes me back to the good ol' days. Too bad it looks like a Cobra only mod..
As far as my mods.. I don't want forced induction so I was thinking of just doing mostly NA mods. Cleaning up the intake, maybe head work and the Longtube headers.
The Aluminum Driveshaft is gonna be cool but I'm gona leave the gears alone as this car is going to see a bunch of road trip miles.. Florida, Nevada, East Coast.. Camping vacations are in the works...

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-07-05 12:28 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

What excatly does "cleaning up the intake" mean ??

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Cleaning up the intake referring to getting the Intake extrude honed to smooth out the nasties in there adn getting a Densecharger CAI to complete a smooth intake path.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts