Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know another Bullitthead already made mention of this podcast, but Stangcast (part of Stangnet) put up the second part of their Bullitt discussion on their forum this past week at http://forums.bradbarnett.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

It includes an awesome discussion with Scott Hoag about the development and production of our vehicles. I wanted to remind everyone so that noone missed out on this. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I did.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Tony Alonso asked for my contact information for Brad.. but I didn't hear anything back yet. :)

BTW: I didn't thing stangcast was affiliated with Stangnet.. I thought it was all Brad (at mustangsource.) :-?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I just listened to both podcasts, and Brad did a nice job. Props to Scott Hoag for mentioned the Bullitt club. :)

I went ahead and added this podcast to my subscription list, so now they will all download automatically when they come online.

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
B-Man said:
Tony Alonso asked for my contact information for Brad.. but I didn't hear anything back yet. :)

BTW: I didn't thing stangcast was affiliated with Stangnet.. I thought it was all Brad (at mustangsource.) :-?
You are correct - this is not affliated with Stangnet.

Also, as I think he is probably working on the next podcast, perhaps you should give him a shout in e-mail and let him know that you are interested in providing your perspective on the '08 Bullitt, given the success that this group has had at maintaining the enthusiasm of the '01.

What do ya say, dude??

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Wow! Great interview. HP numbers are interesting. GT was 260 on the old system and the Bullitt was 265 on the new system of measurement. A GT on the new system would have been 250 HP. Talk about a HP advantage!!

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Wow! Great interview. HP numbers are interesting. GT was 260 on the old system and the Bullitt was 265 on the new system of measurement. A GT on the new system would have been 250 HP. Talk about a HP advantage!!
I talked with Scott about the horsepower issue back in '01 when the Bullitt was first out and the horsepower question was a hot issue. He basically told me the exact same thing as he discussed in this interview. The Bullitt (new procedure) ended up taking a hit in order to save the base GT's 260 HP rating (old procedure).

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
He didn't go into it on the podcast but the reason they could not use it on the GT was how many GTs would you sell if one year it has 260 and the next it was 250. A marketing nightmare. The GTs continued to be rated on the old system and the Machs and Bullitts were on the new system until the 05.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Old prodeedure versus new proceedure was is the Bullitt's rated HP under the old proceedure? The new proceedure was discontinued "05 are they back to the old proceedure?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Here's the deal. The Bullitt was tested using the new procedure to measure HP. GT's were under the old procedure. They continued to test the GT under the old test until 05 when the new model came out. Basicly the GT was rated at 260 under the old system and the Bullitt at 265 in the new test. So in order not to upset the GT owners and future GT owners the process was continued until the 05 model year. So we got a 15 HP advantage and tons more torque than a stock GT.

That is why when you drive a stock GT after a Bullitt it seems so much slower because it is!!!

Hmmm... sounds like what's happening now with the 08. 13 more HP and hopefully additional torque.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
So what is the OLD system and the new system? Just different dyno machine?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Didn't they do the same thing between 1992 and 1993? I seem to remember that the same motors produced different (less) hp in the '93 models versus the '92, while in actuality, there was no difference. I don't recall whether it affected sales that year or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts