Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If I get enough response to this, I'll do follow-up dyno's with various bolt-ons to show RWHP gains of common mods. Post any suggestions and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the great info. I would like to see if a larger area MAF sensor, properly matched to the computer does any good. There has been some good discussion here concerning possible intake restriction by the stock sensor

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
So what would you guys like to see? C&L, Pro-M 87mm? Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
413 Posts
How about a 100mm Densecharger to start? Then an aluminium drive shaft. Exhaust mods (LT headers, H-pipe with cats) a chip, then get into the intake and MAF sensor, then cams and head work. This is my plan for the drive train, minus wheel spacers and shifter. Those last 2 things won't show up on the dyno anyway.

Thanks for doing this man, its great to have
another source of first hand data on Bullittclub!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm all for you posting your mods with comparative dyno results so we can see what those mods will do for us.

:evil: :bullitt: :evil:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I'll be looking to add a few bolt-ons soon, and retest it. KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING! If I know what you want to see on the car, I can keep everyone informed better.

I may be doing a SC comparison also, but the chances of it all working out smoothly are slim.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
How 'bout Steeda underdrive pullies and timing adjuster?

·
Registered
199 Posts
How about testing different types of exhausts. Give a comparison on X vs H vs Mac prochamber with different cat backs. Like have a baffled muffler cat back and a flow through muffler cat back which would allow 6 different exhaust combination that could be tested.

This is probably unreasonable, but the info you could get would be really cool. Could help dispell some of the exhaust myths.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Actually, I already did a cat-back comparison on my '90LX.
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/themustang/exhaust.html
It was a nightmare to do, but I I learned a lot.

The Steeda parts are a possibility. I'm leary about the T/A because mine is daily driven year round, and I don't know how it'll hold up in the winter. If I get enough people that want to see it, I'll see what I can do. Mike Raburn has done some parts already
http://www.stangnet.com/pbullitt/
Between the two of us, I'm sure we can work towards whatever people want to see. Just feed me requests of what you want, and I'll do what I can do make it happen.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
It's been confirmed that I WILL be testing a 100mm Densecharger system on #2580 in the coming weeks.

Input of what to test next, or any othe rideas is always welcome. Please watch Stangnet for test results. I'll post a lnk here too when I'm done. Happy holidays!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cool!
How about an aluminum drive shaft next? Followed by a chip?

I know installing the 100mm Densecharger in 04165 showed a positive gain on my butt dyno :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Thanks Lee, i'm anxious to see the 100mm denscharger!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I plan on doing the FRPP aluminum DS, but it's hard to associate numbers with it. It doesn't really show on a dyno, but real world driving difference is incredible.
This is what I have planned from now 'till spring:
1. Densecharger
2. Maximum Motosports STB (when actually released for the Bullitt, they're revising the instructions to reflect Bullitt specific items)
3. FRPP Al Driveshaft

Anything else is up to the suggestions I get. So far I've heard MAF meter, and chip.

The downside of doing a chip is it's tuned for the mods you have, so every time a new mod is done, the chip SHOULD be reburnt. This isn't necessary, but the whole point of the chip is to maximize the EEC to the car. If you change the car but not the EEC program, you might as well have not bothered.

When I get the car where I plan on leaving it for while (i.e. no more mods), I'll consider a chip.

·
Registered
452 Posts
MAF would be nice to see. I feel a bigimprovment with mine, but not sure if it is all in my head.. hehehe.... I think the Pro M 87 that is calibrated for the WMS will go on the denscharger.

Doug

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I'll be looking into doing a MAF next.

I'd like to do headers, but the install time is too much when the weather's this cold. Maybe in spring. What's the general consensus? LT or shorty?

I think the perfect set-up would be LT's with a shorty X-pipe. If anyone knows who makes this set-up for a Bullitt, LMK. I haven't found one yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts