Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Bullitt dyno results on Stangnet. They are quite impressive, adjusted it works out to something like 280hp at the flywheel if my math is correct. The torque curve looks more like a tabletop, flat all the way from 3K to 5K RPM. I would post a link, but I don't know how and I am too lazy to look it up. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ivan, not sure how to do the math but i like how that looks & sounds if correct!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft(on order)
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter (on order)
Porterfield Carbon/Kevlar Brake Pads(on order)
MGWLTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-22 17:14 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
If my math came out right (actually if the calculator worked right!) I got 276hp with the stock exhaust and 286hp with the aftermarkets on. Again this is with 5000 miles on it but it is something to look forward to. Makes those things the racers told you mystang seem pretty appealing as far as what you litle you really have to do to this engine. Wonder if they are going to get the intake honed to see what difference it will make? They did say over 4000 miles didn't they mystang?
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yes, barry & roxanne sheppard both race out of Detroit. he's the on who ran our Ford Racing developed intake 2 summers ago. and the night i got to have dinner with them he said to keep it simple. Chip from Paul's high performance, less air restriction(CAI), and after 4000 miles, get intake extruded and honed
BTW, latest issue of 5.0/Super Ford(October) shows barry winning his class(4V NA) @ Rockingham, NC a few weeks ago! Roxanne runs a blower on hers("Tweety")
i recommend 5.0 Mustang / Super Ford to every Bullitthead. theres a great "HOW TO" article this issue about Steeda's underdrive pullies AND putting headers on a 4.6 2V

1 - 6 of 6 Posts