Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy on stangnet cat fig out why anyone would want anything other than a green Bullitt or why anyone would be stupid enuff to mod one out
& also thinks these car will doubble in value in the next 5 years
go check it out its in the mod forum
I had some fun with him on it

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
the only place this car will double in value is in my heart and soul!!
anyone who truly believes that......well, he isn't playing with a full deck!!!
as for mods,...well that is very much personal preference and if mods make your baby more fun, more enjoyable, and/or bring an even bigger grin to your face.....DO IT!!

yeah, i left him a little "message" too!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-14 16:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
152 Posts
well here is my take on the bullitt modification/value increasing discussion.

i dont think that one should add a body kit, or put some type of supra spoiler on the car because that would take away from the "special" model it was intended to be. But if any company ever makes any of the items that were on the original concept bullitt i would put them on my car in a heart beat. (rear bumper, deck lid lip, front bumper, grill, gas cap, steering wheel). As far as modifications go, i feel that i am just doing what ford didnt want to spend the money and development on and making my car faster. Sure the car is fast stock, but i want more. just the name "BULLITT" alone suggest speed to me!!! I only have to worry about one bullitt, 3177, have no say in what someone else does to theirs.

as far as value, think of it like this. You can protect the car and save miles, and drive it like Miss Daisey but what about that one time you go out and some 99.5 year lady runs into you and totals the car that you have cherrished and babied that is now gone. you would of wished you had more fun with the car. After all it is just a car. The Mach's will probably be worth more than these anyway!! For an investment, buy a house, or a share.

that is my take.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I seriously doubt the Bullitt will increase in value, especially not in 5 years. But, being familiar with the Caprice/Impala SS scene, I know of several SS's with low miles (10-30K) which have sold for $25,000-$28,000 & I've seen one Police Package clone that sold for around $18,000. Considering the SS was about $24,000 new in 94-96, that's a very impressive re-sale value. I might add that several of these cars had some mods like K&N's, SLP exhaust & stuff like that. So I think some new cars can appreciate in just a few years, but I don't see the Bullitt doing that, unless Ford turns the Mustang into a V6/FWD platform in '04 (God Forbid, but I doubt they'd ever do that). Personally, I think that's why the B-body can command so much money now, because GM killed off the large sedan, V8/RWD package. Basically, it was the last of it's kind. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the LS-1 Camaro's & Firebirds see an increase in value if GM closes the St. Therese plant in 2003. Thankfully, Ford appears to be much smarter about the vehicle platforms they make & the Mustang is doing very well, over 200,000 units the last few years, I think. SO while I believe the Bullitt is a very good deal for the money, I don't think it's going to become a goldmine anytime soon. That's why I've got over 3,000 miles in just 2 months. Plus, what idiot pays 27 grand for a new car, & then garages it? It was meant to be driven & enjoyed.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well I know this elderly guy,who comes out to the evening cruise nights,who bought new,a 1987 Buick GN,you remember those bad in black machines right? Well it just sits there in his garage,showing a mere 800 miles!! I always ask,When you gonna bring it out......all to no avail!! And you don't want to hear about my brothers original 70 Hemicuda that's been......No don't get me started!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-08-15 19:39 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts