Discussion Starter #1
Here is what Rayburn The Man said today about the registry:

MRaburn
The Man

01 Bullitt | 90 Coupe
MyRide @StangCity

Bullitt Registry Update
Things are coming along.

We will have the database ready soon! You will be able to input all your info as well as upload photos of your cars.

The initial deal will be:

Database Entry
Photo Upload
Bullitt T-Shirt
Bullitt Poster

Pricing to be determined. Not much, just to cover all expenses.

The deal with the ID Plate is still being worked out, this will come later once we find the proper way to do it.

We have close contact with Ford as well with Bullitt owners. THere will be a mailing list to work for updates and Bullitt problem reports.

Cheers
Mike

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Hmmm.. some of this sounds familiar... :wink:

I wonder why the Stangnet guy never came and registered over here?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey "Bullittoid" since it appears that most owners are registered on this site why not see if "Da-Man" would like to join forces and consolidate with us. It would mean a lot less duplication of effort and I don't think I'm alone in saying that this site is a much better place to be for Bullitt owners since that is its sole focus. Additionally, the people that post on the forum here have a general respect and appreciation for all others. Something which I don't always see on the other sites.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Bullitoid has asked "Da-Man" several times to colaborate with us and he's too busy to respond!!!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
if da man too busy to respond and give da answer to bullittoid den da hell wit him and da list he is making.......lol

da man what the hell is that all about? self glorification? seems pretty presumptuous to me also sounds like a bit from the old saturday night live group
da boys da bears ....da man

as you can tell ,I am not a big fan of people that don't respond for personal reasons so... but what the hell do i know...its just my humble opinion

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mike Raburn (The Man) operates Stangnet.com, and he also runs Partshopper.com and many other web sites, as his primary business.

He also has very close ties with Team Mustang at Ford, and he is the owner of DHG Bullitt #0005 as well. I met him in Tulsa at the Mid-America Ford and Shelby meet and he is a very nice guy. I'm sure he is very busy and can't answer all emails promptly. Sometimes it takes days for him to answer my e-mails.

I believe that both forums - Stangnet and Bullittclub - serve a useful, and separate purpose. Mike probably does not want to get involved with Bullittclub.com because it would dillute that he is trying to accomplish with his own site. Given his inside sources at Ford, I would support his effort to build an official Bullitt Registry at Stangnet.com. Also given the situation with the ID "stickers", I would accept nothing less than an OFFICIAL replacement from Ford - and I believe Mike will help accomplish that as well.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
no one said that mike wasn't a good guy or a true blue Mustang fanatic.
the founders of Bullitclub have asked him to join here and/or get involved a little since our inception as a website and he seems to be more interested in other things.....that's all. nothing good or bad, just not enough time or interest

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
hey,...everyone can do whatever it is that they want to do... its there choice and certainly no one is trying to persuade anyone one way or the other....facts are facts... maybe he has time for the ford team which is more to his advantage persoanlly as well as business that to a club such as ours where nothing much is to be gained by merging lists or whatever. again, that certainly is his business and choice....but i think a little courtesy and respect in answering an e-mail / question is not at all unreasonable and it seems that from the rresponses here, that it is not an isolated case. does he serve apurpose...sure do I want my information being used to advance his situation...not really....
if it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, and it swims like a duck......it ain't a dolphin...no matterhow much u want it to be
peace love and all that stuff....

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
even in the best of families there is disagreement....I hope no one takes it personally though ... differences in opinion can be good but the last thing we need is hurt feelings or folks being mad at each other..there's enuf sniping at these other sites but thankfully, not here... this is one is something special

1 - 13 of 13 Posts