Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nasty, I just saw the Enterprise go into warp speed on your post. Is that Picards ship? Great series eh? I think, by the way, that the new Enterprise series may be one of the best yet. Well written and well cast. What do you think? Tapaul is hotter than 7. Kidding. How many fans do we have out there?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-01 14:23, Bullitt XTC wrote:
Nasty, I just saw the Enterprise go into warp speed on your post. Is that Picards ship? Great series eh? I think, by the way, that the new Enterprise series may be one of the best yet. Well written and well cast. What do you think? Tapaul is hotter than 7. Kidding. How many fans do we have out there?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, this is the Enterprise 1701D from TNG. I think Picard is cool, but Kirk is still the man in my book. :smile:

I haven't been able to see the new show, for some reason I can never find it on the schedule. p*sses me off too, because I really like Scott Bakula

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like Enterprise E, but I've just gotten the dvd of STMP and I've fallen in love with the miniature used in production of the movie. More money was spent on the special effects for this movie than the next 5 combined.

·
Registered
64 Posts
100% pure fan of Enterprise! :grin: Best Star Trek yet. Even better than the original. (I know I'll take some flak for that...)

The new show is well written, well casted, and has shades of B5 all over the place!

TNG was weak in that every episode was more or less a "stand alone" story. Enterprise isn't like that at all. Sure, you can watch one episode if you want, but you'll be missing a LOT! Take this week show for instance... at the end, there were about a dozen questions left unanswered! Some of the episodes can be watched "alone" but (like B5) others are part of a bigger plot! Where as TNG never had a "direction", Enterprise already seems to have a much deeper conflict that will take time and effort to unravel!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well said Kevin. Topaul is a great character. As good a science officer as Spock, but she is PURE Vulcan. You can't tell by her expression if she just won the lottery, or if her dog just died. ( Or if she just ran low 13's with her new Bullitt) Trying to keep it Bullittcub too. LOL. I can record a couple episodes for you nasty. It would be worth your while. Let me know. I would be happy to do it! I have a lot of blank VHS tapes here. It's the logical thing to do.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the Asian woman better. (the Communications officer/translator)

I try to watch ST when it's on...that's about the about only thing on network TV nowadays.

I'm a big fan of the old Star Wars movies. :smile:

Scott D.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
When does it come on??? I've tried to watch it a few times but the only thing I got was TNG... :sad:

I've been a trekkie since 86!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Been a fan since the early days as a kid (late 60's - early 70's?). Really like original, TNG and Voyager. Did not like DS9 al that much (except Quark). Have not seen the new one yet, have to look up when it's on. How many Enterprise pisodes have I mised? Everyone has a favourite, mine is the TNG episode where Picard lives his entire life on a doomed planet and when he finds himself back on the ship, gone only about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I liked the original probably the most because of the character development between the crew. I was rally jazzed when they made Star Trek, the Motion Picture, but was a little disappointed in how "stiff" everyone was. There was just some chemistry missing, but they all finally gelled in ST II, The Wrath of Khan.

Shatner, although he's the biggest ham on screen IS my favorite captain. He's boisterous, impulsive and a real gung ho, in your face leader who occasionally does make mistakes. It really p*ssed me off when they killed him off in ST Generations, but the optimist in me says maybe he's still not dead, but back in the Nexus waiting to kick ass another day!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-02 14:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nasty,

I was thinking your graphic looks more like 1701-C, the Ambassador Class ship, but maybe it's just a quirk of the animation. :smile:

*pointing at self* Geek check. Hehe!

Though it's a little too soon to tell how it'll go, I like Enterprise so far. Some good, some not quite good, but no bad yet. For a first-season, that's a good thing. If only they could cut down on the number of caves... :roll:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-02 15:20, Micah wrote:
Nasty,

I was thinking your graphic looks more like 1701-C, the Ambassador Class ship, but maybe it's just a quirk of the animation. :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

No, it's a Galaxy class, see! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-02 15:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
no one is better then counselor troi or 7
i have enjoyed all the startrek stuff.. movies shows even the conventions... most all of the original and tng crew were accessible and friendly .. I must say . I met deanna sortis in downtown fort worth some years ago ... she was in the area for a convention in plano.... very friendly, talkative... drop dead good looking in person.... and she even autographed the 70 boss 302 t-shirt I was wearing,,, bought her a margarita at riskeys and she and her friend had to go to be back at the plano show... my wife said she had never ever seen me act ''that way'' like a kid in a candy store

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
It sure feels good when you meet someone famous and they act like real people. I've seen Marina Sirtis on talk shows and she just comes across as a real sweetheart!

Reminds me when a few years back at the International Trucking Show in Anaheim, Greg Evigan of B.J. and the Bear was signing autographs and the line had to be well over 100 feet long,..........all women, of course. Naturally, my wife had to get her's and she giggled like a little schoolgirl when she finally got to him. :lol:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
My favorite shows;
Org. Star Trek, Doomsday Machine

TNG, Yesterdays Enterprise

DS9, (I can't rember the name) The 2 part Battle with the Domnion, Where Ciso dies Fighting the Bad Carrdassin.

Voyger, Any show with 7 of 9.... I've got the hotts for Jerri Ryan

Enterprise, Kicks ass, I really love the consept, Stories Before Kirk and Spock.

I'm a Trekie to the bone ever sinse 1966-67.....

I cryed when they took TNG off the air.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts