Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt DHG K0158 300mi w/magneride, tint, electronics, Pirelli P-Zero A/S w/2021 Mach1 wheels
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the stealth of my '19 Bullitt with most of the badging gone. Thanks Ford! But, the faux Bullitt emblem on the rear decklid has never been in my book of favorites. I guess what I really don't like is the big Bullitt name announced to the world. Most guys, who hate the in-your-face emblem (fake gas cap?), just replace the decklid panel and forget about the emblem completely. However, I like the crosshairs logo, just not the ugly lettering.

So, I have been searching the planet for an alternative but to no avail. Phony gas caps and other emblems just don't cut it. My only alternative is to have my own custom Bullitt badge manufactured by a top quality outfit. And, that's when I thought of 5spurs. I have all of their great products on my car and I couldn't think of any other company that could match their quality and service. So, I emailed Kevin at 5spurs and we discussed, back and forth, the possibility of making a stealth Bullitt emblem for the rear decklid.

Kevin has come up with a design that would see a new cover plate, with only the crosshairs on a black background, pressed over the existing emblem face. A relatively simple solution to the removal of an ugly emblem. However, there is the cost of designing and tooling the product for manufacture and that isn't cheap.
If I can get a critical mass assembled of interested Bullitt owners then Kevin would take the next step to producing the stealth Bullitt emblem. Let me know if you are interested and hopefully we can cover that ugly rear decklid emblem
Motor vehicle Grey Rectangle Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt DHG K0158 300mi w/magneride, tint, electronics, Pirelli P-Zero A/S w/2021 Mach1 wheels
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx tossass. That says it in one word: bling. I bought my Bulliit because of the stealth and for that reason I didn't go for a blingy Shelby .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the stealth of my '19 Bullitt with most of the badging gone. Thanks Ford! But, the faux Bullitt emblem on the rear decklid has never been in my book of favorites. I guess what I really don't like is the big Bullitt name announced to the world. Most guys, who hate the in-your-face emblem (fake gas cap?), just replace the decklid panel and forget about the emblem completely. However, I like the crosshairs logo, just not the ugly lettering.

So, I have been searching the planet for an alternative but to no avail. Phony gas caps and other emblems just don't cut it. My only alternative is to have my own custom Bullitt badge manufactured by a top quality outfit. And, that's when I thought of 5spurs. I have all of their great products on my car and I couldn't think of any other company that could match their quality and service. So, I emailed Kevin at 5spurs and we discussed, back and forth, the possibility of making a stealth Bullitt emblem for the rear decklid.

Kevin has come up with a design that would see a new cover plate, with only the crosshairs on a black background, pressed over the existing emblem face. A relatively simple solution to the removal of an ugly emblem. However, there is the cost of designing and tooling the product for manufacture and that isn't cheap.
If I can get a critical mass assembled of interested Bullitt owners then Kevin would take the next step to producing the stealth Bullitt emblem. Let me know if you are interested and hopefully we can cover that ugly rear decklid emblem
View attachment 85526 View attachment 85527
I have 5spurs crosshair wheel centercaps and the crosshair push to start button on 19 BLLT2. All top quality.
I would be a buyer for this subdued mod. The OEM is too blingly.
I too would be interested if they would ship to the UK

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, 5spurs is located in the UK so it wouldn't be a problem at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like we just might have the requisite level of Bullithead interest to get this project into gear. Kevin...we're counting on you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are waiting on 5spurs to determine if the product has a market and what price would be reasonable to enable a profit to them. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
19 Posts

A big thumbs up to 5Spurs for their quality products. Thanks, Kevin! Question about the proposed replacement decklid emblem: Are the crosshairs black, white, or silver? I like the decklid emblem sans "BULLITT", but might like the it with white/silver crosshairs similar to the 5Spurs center caps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kevin and I agree that we must get rid of the BULLITT letters and retain the crosshairs as the stealth logo. The color of the crosshairs will most likely match the center caps but then Kevin is the boss and I am just an interested prospective buyer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's nice to hear from you Steely. Thanks for your interest. The more who are interested, the faster 5spurs can get it into production.

·
Registered
2020 Mustang Bullitt L1619
1 Posts

I Am interested too - A great add-on to this wonderful car!!!

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
36 Posts
Sorry I do not like it. I think you can get a pure blackout cover from other sources. looks like the finger closing lip will be a dirt collector.I do love the wheel caps and push button though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You make a good point, Oldpony, solve the decklid fingerprint problem with a closing lip and it may create a dirt collector. If you know where a pure blackout cover is sold to cover the emblem, please send the link because I can't find one.

After all the trials and deliberations, Kevin at 5spurs is now in the final stages of design for the emblem cover. And, it will be a cover so a new decklid will not be required and it will simply "snap" over the OEM emblem with a little help from 3M tape, similar to the shifter surround concept. I also enjoy the 5spur wheel caps and push button but my favorite is the armrest. It hides those hideous cup holders and now my gear shifting is more accurate. Or is it the shifter surround that is the cause of my newfound driving prowess?:LOL:

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
36 Posts
I Am interested too - A great add-on to this wonderful car!!!
You make a good point, Oldpony, solve the decklid fingerprint problem with a closing lip and it may create a dirt collector. If you know where a pure blackout cover is sold to cover the emblem, please send the link because I can't find one.

After all the trials and deliberations, Kevin at 5spurs is now in the final stages of design for the emblem cover. And, it will be a cover so a new decklid will not be required and it will simply "snap" over the OEM emblem with a little help from 3M tape, similar to the shifter surround concept. I also enjoy the 5spur wheel caps and push button but my favorite is the armrest. It hides those hideous cup holders and now my gear shifting is more accurate. Or is it the shifter surround that is the cause of my newfound driving prowess?:LOL:
American Muscle MP Concepts Mustang Full Replacement Decklid Panel; Gloss Black 398119 (15-22 Mustang) - Free Shipping

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Oldpony. I am aware of the blank decklid panels but I thought you were referring to a blank cover for the Bullitt emblem. I still like the crosshairs 'logo' of the Bullitt but I hate the lettering. That is the design that 5spurs envisions without the cost of a new decklid. Check out the start of my thread and the design is shown there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 08 and had been thinking that the 19/20 Badge looks better than the Faux cap. My Baby 922. Had some bad cosmetic surgery Her behind gained 20 pounds with the most hideous MMD deck lid cover. So I would go for the subdued Reticules work for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey 080922 Kevin at 5spurs has the stealth badge cover in production now and it should be ready to purchase any day now. Send him an email and keep him in overdrive!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts