Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished installing the Steeda adjustable panhard bar and brace. I bought the panhard bar a while ago but never got around to putting it on till now. I was told when you lower the car it causes the rear end to offset. I used the Vogtland sport springs and the offset did not change. But I decided to install it anyways because of the weight savings steeda claims and because the factory panhard brace is weak an flimsy. The install took about a hour with basic hand tools. The bolts are on tight but if my weak 150lb but can do it anyone should have no problems installing this item. Just use a set of ramps and the whole install is easy.

AS far as weight savings I have no idea where Steeda gets their magical scales from. I wieghed all the parts and Steeda is way off. Steeda claims their panhard bar is 5lbs lighter than stock. As you can see below they are off. They weights have been off on a few of their items. Also for some reason I noticed when you shake the factory panhard bar it sounds like it has sand in it. Don't know why Ford did that.

Overall it seems like it should be a good investment because it is stronger than stock.

Factory Brace- 2.8lbs
Steeda Brace - 3.2lbs

Factory Panhard- 7.2lbs
Steeda Panhard - 5.1lbs

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nice. Any difference in feel?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Congrats Mike on the New Mods to the suspension ...........

Hey is that your Toes in that one Pic. :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

LOL,

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
j0eyabs said:
I just got finished installing the Steeda adjustable panhard bar and brace. I bought the panhard bar a while ago but never got around to putting it on till now. I was told when you lower the car it causes the rear end to offset. I used the Vogtland sport springs and the offset did not change. But I decided to install it anyways because of the weight savings steeda claims and because the factory panhard brace is weak an flimsy. The install took about a hour with basic hand tools. The bolts are on tight but if my weak 150lb but can do it anyone should have no problems installing this item. Just use a set of ramps and the whole install is easy.

AS far as weight savings I have no idea where Steeda gets their magical scales from. I wieghed all the parts and Steeda is way off. Steeda claims their panhard bar is 5lbs lighter than stock. As you can see below they are off. They weights have been off on a few of their items. Also for some reason I noticed when you shake the factory panhard bar it sounds like it has sand in it. Don't know why Ford did that.

Overall it seems like it should be a good investment because it is stronger than stock.
Yes, when I had my new suspension installed, the tech noticed this right away. Feels like lead shot inside the stock panhard bar.

This morning, I had my stock panhard bar put back on after Ford discovered that the new UMI adjustable panhard bar was the cause of an annoying rattling under the Bullitt. The 'filler' inside the panhard bar may play a role in the harmonics of the bar, keeping it silent. At any rate, the rattle is now gone after putting my stock Bullitt panhard bar back on. Everything is tight and the Bullitt handles great.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I took the car for a drive and everything seems to be working well. Car does feel and drives the same. Seems to me that this mod may only be necessary if I had the lowered the car more. With the Vogtland sport springs it did not change the location of the rear axle. Might only be necessary if you had the Eibach kit that lowers the car more. I think I could have gotten by with just the brace from Steeda which is stronger and used the factory panhard bar. Maybe it will make a bigger difference drag racing or on the race track but on the back roads where I can't push it too hard I cant tell a difference. At least the car weighs almost 2 lbs less. :smile: For someone not doing an auto crossing int their future I suggest you spend our money on something else. Next suspension mod will be sway bars, hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Good info. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
j0eyabs said:
Well I took the car for a drive and everything seems to be working well. Car does feel and drives the same. Seems to me that this mod may only be necessary if I had the lowered the car more. With the Vogtland sport springs it did not change the location of the rear axle. Might only be necessary if you had the Eibach kit that lowers the car more. I think I could have gotten by with just the brace from Steeda which is stronger and used the factory panhard bar. Maybe it will make a bigger difference drag racing or on the race track but on the back roads where I can't push it too hard I cant tell a difference. At least the car weighs almost 2 lbs less. :smile: For someone not doing an auto crossing int their future I suggest you spend our money on something else. Next suspension mod will be sway bars, hope that helps.
Mike,

Thanks for the Heads-Up !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts