Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Steeda High Velocity intake on a Bullitt? If so, can you post some pics? I am wondering how it looks as well as performance.

Thanks in advance,
-Jason

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The most popular CAI's seem to be JLT, and C&L around here. This is the first I've heard of the Steeda setup. Is it specifically for the Bullitt? You might check with Steeda to make sure it's not for the standard GT. IF you already have, can you post a link to the setup you're talking about? Steeda makes quality parts, so doubt you'd have any problems with the quality of it, but not sure about HP gains which are usually small on a N/A car for any CAI. But, then again, anything's better than stock.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the link to what I am talking about http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_cobra_velocity_cold_air_96-01.php

I am thinking about using Steeda for all my mods and I was wanting to know if anyone had tried this CAI out. I know it doesn't have the whole piping system, but I've heard that the JLT CAI rubs on the blanket under the hood. I had JLT on my Mach1 and it did the same thing.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
jason2004gt said:
Here's the link to what I am talking about http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_cobra_velocity_cold_air_96-01.php

I am thinking about using Steeda for all my mods and I was wanting to know if anyone had tried this CAI out. I know it doesn't have the whole piping system, but I've heard that the JLT CAI rubs on the blanket under the hood. I had JLT on my Mach1 and it did the same thing.

-Jason
This is why I'm probably going whit a C&L system.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent Steeda an email to see if that CAI will work. As soon as I hear something, I will post to let everyone know.

-Jason

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got an email back today from Steeda, they state that the airbox dimensions are the same, so this CAI will work. Looks like I am going to save up for this too!

-Jason

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
jason2004gt said:
I got an email back today from Steeda, they state that the airbox dimensions are the same, so this CAI will work. Looks like I am going to save up for this too!

-Jason
The reason I said to check with them is because our intake is angled off to the side where the GT is not. Another member on here bought a Roush CAI because it was advertised as compatible with the Bullitt, but it was just for a GT and wouldn't work. Since this appears to just replace the airbox, hopefully it will work for the Bullitt, I'm anxious to hear your take on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts