Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anybody has tried the Steeda Clutch Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster? If so, did you retain the stock clutch cable? How does the clutch pedal feel compare to the stock setup? Thanks.

John

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have the firewall adjuster and quadrant on my 5.0. I started out using a factory calble, but ended up modifying it to get the range of adjustment I needed. The feel of it was the same as stock and it does offer actual adjustment of clutch engagement. And that can be a good thing. If I were order another one I would also order the adjustable cable at the same time.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
TrueBlue, on the older GTs the Quadrant was a cheap piece of plastic and the firewall "plug" piece was also a cheap piece of plastic.
i was going to replace mine on the Bullitt but low and behold, the "plug" at the firewall is MUCH more substantial than it used to be...(the quadrant is STILL a cheap piece of plastic. people who raced regularly, wore the factory parts out and needed more substantial parts
the Steeda parts allow you to "adjust" your clutch engagement to exactly where you want it....right next to the floorboard OR at the fully "let out" position(or anywhere in between). because of the nature of these parts, do NOT replace one without replacing the other(i learned from experience) and unless you race a lot OR you're very unhappy with where your clutch engages....i wouldn't do it!!
and Barnaby is right,..if you do it..go ahead and get the cable too!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2002-01-09 16:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the input. I knew the quadrant was plastic. Sooner or later we are going to have to replace them. I'll back burner it based on your advice.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
no sweat,...i'm kind of surprised that the question hasn't come up before!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts