Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Steeda Pulleys Necessary??

382 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mus408 
#1 ·
Every review of the Bullitt that I have ever read says that it comes standard with "optimized alternator and pump pulley ratios".

So is it really necessary to change the pulleys out for a set of Steeda Underdrive Pulleys...I don't want to spend money if it isn't necessarily going to help...I mean is there really an increase in performance with the Steeda Pulleys?

#2 ·
There have been many good discussions here regarding this and you'll benefit from doing a "search"...but from what I understand the main pully to replace with an underdrive in order to reap HP is the crank pully, and that's the only on on our Bullitt's that's stock GT size! So some guys are ordering the Steeda set and just doing the crank pully, while others try to just buy an underdrive crank pully (usually they come in sets, though)

#3 ·
Thanks bud...that makes complete sense. An optimized crank pulley should definitely make a diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.