Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of Steeda's new timing adjusters? Just looking at the info and the install instructions on the Steeda.com website and it seems like a easier fix than sending the computer back and forth to adjust the timing. Let me know if anyone has installed one and opinions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have one installed by AMP in Phoenix and I'm happy with it. I had it installed with the steeda u/d pulleys and a Basani cat back system as an add to my existing Basani X pipe with cats. The car now motivates nicely, although I am unable to attribute how much performance each of the items I installed contributed. Currently for winter, I have it dialed in at 15 degrees adv timing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just put mine in this last weekend. The only trouble I had in putting it in was not having an impact wrench to get the crank pully nut off. I drove it down to the nearest service center and they loosened the nut for me for free...i then drove it home and did the install in about 45 min. I have mine at 14 degree with 91 octane gas and no pinging whatsoever. The timing adjuster really wakes the car up in the low rpm range!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I installed one tonight. It was a piece of cake except for the fact that there was only 0.002" clearance between the sensor and the hub. I had to end up making a 0.015" shim to provide enough clearance.

Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
To answer that Brad, I had it at 14 deg and it ran fine so now that the temps have dipped down here in Phoenix, I had the guys at AMP put it to 15 deg. It appears most of their customers (and employees) are running 15 also. I really can't say I notice a difference from 14, so I may put it back just for a little peace of mind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also run 91 octane and unless I'm deaf, I haven't heard any pinging. Maybe if I were to lug it in too much gear but that's not me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts