Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a price of $149 from fordspeed.com. Here what you need to do:
Call Fordspeed at 1-800-683-7099 and identify yourself with the Bullitt shifter buy in for the Steeda Tri-ax. Once 20 orders are received, they will begin shipping. John is the contact person there.
As of this posting we have 14 people. That is in less than 24 hrs of the original posting, so we should have no problem reaching 20. Here is the list I have so far:
9mmBullitt
Blakwing
ddfda
llama_boy
mjchip
DHG2404
blkbullitt4085
1badpony
sixgun
BULLITT3220
TXBullitt
rancorkeeper
Bullittgirl
Bullitt 2075

I assume that anyone with a cobra or 2001 gt with the 3650 tranny can get in on this too. Just identify being with the Bullitt buy in. Do me a favor and if you want to be added to the list, post it here so we can keep a running total and make sure we get at least 20.

Thanks,
Brad
DHG #4865
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9mmBullitt on 2001-10-05 15:31 ]</font>

·
The Great and Powerful OZ
593 Posts
Thanks for working this one out! I put a link up top of each page that points to this post (the more the merrier). :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This group buy should be open for at least a week.

Brad
DHG #4865

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey Brad, how do you get the little Bullitt pic to show up in your signature? I am using :bullitt: like it says to in the emotes, but it doesn't work.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's wierd, if I use it in my message, it works, but not in my signature. :sad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
just placed my order with fordspeed.
Thanks for setting up this great deal!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
What is the benefit of having the steeda shifter. Is it hard to install. Is your factory warrenty still in effect? Thanks:
:grin:an

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hey 9MM! I'll call them Monday and order mine! I wonder if Denscharger would do the same kind or group deal? I'll call them too and find out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also would like to hear from some of you more knowledgeable folks as to the advantages of the Steeda shifter. The deal sounds good, but I'd like to know more about what I'm buying.

The stock shifter seems great to me, but the only other stick I've driven is the factory one in my '65 stang.

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll let the more technical experts chime in here, but my reason is because the stock shifter doesn't have positive stops and shift forks can be bent which hurts the tranny. The Steeda has adjustable stops.

Brad
DHG #4865

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9mmBullitt on 2001-10-06 23:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
109 Posts
An after market shifter ie. steeda will make it easier and a lot less damaging during those 2-3 shifts. With the stops built in you can't bend the forks due to overly aggressive shifting. Also the shifter has a LOT shorter throw between gears, making speedshifting easier. Even I learned to speed shift on my 2000 GT (traded in), you can't miss 3rd gear if you wanted to.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday at work. Thanx for putting this together, 9mm

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'll be getting in on this on Monday. Was going to wait for my vacation check to arrive on the 15th, but what the heck, it's a good price, and I don't want to wait any longer....

·
Registered
223 Posts
9mm

I just placed an order for 1 of the tri-ax shifters. John tolm me we they have about 10 orders so far and will ship them out when they get 20.

Steve

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok, Called John this morning on the list for shipping.....
:bullitt: :-B

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just put in my order. The guy said as soon as they get 20 orders, they will start shipping. Could be here by the end of the week.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-08 07:35, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:
I'm in,I'll call Fordspeed.com today.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Add me to the list,I placed my order today with John at fordspeed.com.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts