Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buy from speedworx.com....had it in 4 working days. Love it.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks bullittman

·
Registered
166 Posts
Question about Steeda`s Triax Shifter.I was wondering how loud it was compared to stock.I have a Hurst in my 92GT and it`s pretty loud,but I do love the short throw.Any opinion welcome.Mike

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a Steeda in my Bullitt and had a Pro 5 in my 94 GT. The Steeda is a good product and they are the only company out with a short throw shifter for our 3650s for the moment. While the Steeda feels nice it does function like a tuning fork. My Pro 5 was pretty quiet for a short throw performance shifter. If I had it to do all over again I would have waited for the Pro 5 product.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but this is my first mustang, and also the first time I've wanted to change the shifter on a car.

My only real problem with the shifter is the reach as well. I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam and gorilla arms, and I've got the seat as far forward as I can get it and still have room to clutch. I still find myself leaning forward in the seat to have the right body to shiter relationship. I like the idea of the shorter throw, but I don't mind the throw like it is.

However, I've heard that the stock shifter encourages bent shift forks. This is the biggest reason I'm leaning towards the steeda shifter and not the MGW shift handle. Otherwise I'd much rather spend $35 than $169...

This topic leads me to believe that I can't use the steeda shifter with the stock shift ball, which I'd rather keep if possible. Is this correct? And just how easy is it to bend a shift fork?

Advice or thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
543 Posts
Joe, the Tri-Ax accepts the stock shift ball. So will the Pro 5 when it comes out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
35 min. to install (+5 min. for Mountain Dew). there were instructions and they were complete and easy to follow.

I reused the very bottom boot (there are 3) and put carpet jewt around the shifter between the top and middle boots but not around the shifter handle. This helped to quiet the extra tranny noise you here from the new shifter. Although I can still hear it some it's not very loud. By the way, you will get that extra noise from any aftermarket shifter that doesn't have all the rubber bushings. I get the same noise from my Pro-50 shifter on my 88.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts