Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt DHG K0158 300mi w/magneride, tint, electronics, Pirelli P-Zero A/S w/2021 Mach1 wheels
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to trade my low miles 2019 Bullitt for a lower miles Steve McQueen Edition with 775HP and all the other Steeda/Galpin mods that list out at $30K extra on a new Bullitt. Cash and my trade to make the deal is also $30K. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Depends on how much you want the extra HP.
Honestly, I wouldn't be able to justify it because I don't track / competition my car. There is plenty of HP on a stock Bullitt for my street use.
... but that's just me

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt DHG K0158 300mi w/magneride, tint, electronics, Pirelli P-Zero A/S w/2021 Mach1 wheels
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point Bob. However, I built a 750HP '48 Ford pickup and a 1200HP 55 Chevy and they kept breaking at the track until I decided to sell the money pits and buy a 'reasonable' HP late model hot rod and that's when I chose the '19 Bullitt. So, I would be just getting back into the same old, same old of breaking a McQueen Bullitt on the track. It's probably best to enjoy my Bullitt and keep the money stashed in a hole in the ground ( a very small hole). And, the Bullitt is never a boring ride!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Although I wouldn't be opposed to being gifted the extra HP, I can't reasonable say I would benefit from it just doing street driving. The Bullitt "as is" is already a joy to drive.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
What's that acronym...YOLO! :D

Reactions: jystickman

·
Registered
218 Posts
The biggest advantage that I could see are the wheels, however they can be purchased for a lot less than $30,000

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good point Bob. However, I built a 750HP '48 Ford pickup and a 1200HP 55 Chevy and they kept breaking at the track until I decided to sell the money pits and buy a 'reasonable' HP late model hot rod and that's when I chose the '19 Bullitt. So, I would be just getting back into the same old, same old of breaking a McQueen Bullitt on the track. It's probably best to enjoy my Bullitt and keep the money stashed in a hole in the ground ( a very small hole). And, the Bullitt is never a boring ride!
Same here. I built my 2006 GT and it ended up being a never ending scenario of issues and wasted money. No thanks.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
If I had that opportunity and the cash, I'd do it in heart beat. Not that I'd every use the extra HP, just that fact that it's a Steve McQueen Edition and it would be much different than most others. Just me and my opinion.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I learned How to become a Millionaire, Start out a Billionaire and build your own Vintage Mustang Race car and race it Fun ! I love my stock '08 Bullitt with only 15,000 miles on it. I drive it & just enjoy it. They all told me I would never live this long to figure all that out !

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,587 Posts
If I had the money, I'd have a stock '19 and then another '19 I could modify with this package (naturally aspirated though). I really like what they did with this car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I have ordered a 775HP Whipple and it will cost me about $11K installed. That gives me a lot more yahoo!! and keeps the bank account in the black. All the other McQueen stuff is nice but would I have a trailer queen and not a daily driver?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts