Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
English Bob said:
Steve McQueen Style Tribute from Triumph
Is there any story to go along with this newest tribute to Steve? Like what was the intent, how many built, whose idea etc...

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DavidMidgley said:
Is there any story to go along with this newest tribute to Steve? Like what was the intent, how many built, whose idea etc...
TOUGH AND READY
The Scrambler has added a completely new twist to the Modern Classics range and is a fresh take on some iconic bikes from Triumph’s past. It’s a redefinition of the off-road machines made famous by 60’s thrill seekers such as Steve McQueen and places many elements of their robust, dual-purpose style into a contemporary urban context.
The Scrambler’s a real ‘do anything, go anywhere’ kind of bike, inspired partly by the relaxed culture and laid back attitude of sunny California, as well as the chic approach of southern Europeans. Plus, from an expanding market that Triumph has led, by the increasing interest in cool retro-style motorcycles from many new and existing riders.

The Scrambler’s 865cc, DOHC, parallel twin-cylinder, eight-valve, air-cooled engine – black finished for 2007 – uses a 270° crank firing interval for a characterful and torquey power delivery. With a bore and stroke of 90 x 68mm and compression ratio of 9.2:1 the engine also features twin electrically-heated carburettors with throttle position sensors. Peak power of 57PS (56bhp) arrives at 7000rpm (with maximum torque of 69Nm (51ft.lbf) available at 4500rpm) and is fed to the rear wheel via a five-speed gearbox and chain final drive.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The Scrambler's been out for about a year. You can even get an optional racing number that was the same as Mcqueen's bike that he rode in East Germany. The price of the bike is around $9000 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just sold my 06 it was nice but just zero power, I did the whole route mods etc, you can pick them up used in the 5K range, I have had 5 Triumps and 6 Harleys and went back to Harley....If you use it to hit the store etc its fine but otherwise just not much of a thrill.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
barry bullitt said:
The Scrambler's been out for about a year. You can even get an optional racing number that was the same as Mcqueen's bike that he rode in East Germany. The price of the bike is around $9000 if I remember correctly.
The Scrambler has been out for a while but this 2007 with all black engine was a new one at the
Milan Bike show this week

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Bob, I finally made it to the website. Give me a call when you get a chance.
Dave Bullitt. B/wood UK

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts