Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Have to agree - 559 is special...

Burt Reynolds Bandit car wasn’t the original from the movie, those were both destroyed. They were replicas and also there were 10’s of thousands of “Bandit” edition Trans Ams.

Bullitt ‘559 is perhaps the most significant original movie car in existence and having been the subject of such great mystery all these decades has only increased its potential value. Also a Steve McQueen owned Ferrari sold for $10 million 5 years ago.

I think ‘559 will sell for at least 5 million and my official guess is $7 million.
I have to agree. :smile2:

Think about it, every James Bond car that comes up for auction goes for millions, the last Aston went for $6.3+ million USD, the one before $4.6 USD back in 2010. And there are quite a few Bond cars... They are nowhere near as exclusive as #559.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/james-bond-aston-martin-sells-for-millions-at-classic-car-auction/4a70c054-a072-4af0-a491-a2cdc375f41a

There was only one Bullitt movie and only 2 Mustangs, and the other is really nothing more than a shell. When finished it will be largely a replica.

There was only one Steve McQueen, the king of cool, (and some of the Bonds were total nonces IMHO, only Connery had enough 60's tough / cool about him, to compare with McQueen, I mean did any of us really want to be ponce like Roger Moore or a weedy metro like Pierce Brosnan? - give me a break!). :laugh::laugh::laugh: (sorry couldn't resist).

That plus all the 50 year anniversary hoopla etc and I'm picking it'll go well into the millions.
I only hope it stays stateside and with someone worthy, like say Jay Leno, or the Peterson Museum etc. I'd hate to see it go to some Chinese billionaire or a middle east oil brat.

I hope the family puts some riders on the auction, to that effect.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I have to agree. :smile2:

Think about it, every James Bond car that comes up for auction goes for millions, the last Aston went for $6.3+ million USD, the one before $4.6 USD back in 2010. And there are quite a few Bond cars... They are nowhere near as exclusive as #559.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/james-bond-aston-martin-sells-for-millions-at-classic-car-auction/4a70c054-a072-4af0-a491-a2cdc375f41a

There was only one Bullitt movie and only 2 Mustangs, and the other is really nothing more than a shell. When finished it will be largely a replica.

There was only one Steve McQueen, the king of cool, (and some of the Bonds were total nonces IMHO, only Connery had enough 60's tough / cool about him, to compare with McQueen, I mean did any of us really want to be ponce like Roger Moore or a weedy metro like Pierce Brosnan? - give me a break!). :laugh::laugh::laugh: (sorry couldn't resist).

That plus all the 50 year anniversary hoopla etc and I'm picking it'll go well into the millions.
I only hope it stays stateside and with someone worthy, like say Jay Leno, or the Peterson Museum etc. I'd hate to see it go to some Chinese billionaire or a middle east oil brat.

I hope the family puts some riders on the auction, to that effect.
Couldn't agree more with you that McQueen was a generational guy, and while I'm also a Sean Connery fan, IMO Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever, and his persona is more like McQueen's rough around the edges, physical presence coupled with subtle intellect. Connery is cool, but if I had to be "in the trenches" with any of the three, he'd be my third choice. Just my two cents worth .

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Too soon for those Bond cars...

Couldn't agree more with you that McQueen was a generational guy, and while I'm also a Sean Connery fan, IMO Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever, and his persona is more like McQueen's rough around the edges, physical presence coupled with subtle intellect. Connery is cool, but if I had to be "in the trenches" with any of the three, he'd be my third choice. Just my two cents worth .
We're getting off topic I know, but yes I do think Craig is equal to Connery, but different and hard to equate them. They are both believable in the role, both men of their times, and very different times they are. They are the only 2 worthy Bonds IMHO. As for the mooted idea of the next Bond being a black woman. Give me a break... When will these cucked corporates learn? Didn't they pay attention to the Ghostbusters flop? etc. What next? Neil Armstrong being played by a one legged Chinese lesbian?
Bond is Bond, ENGLISH, WHITE and MALE. Get over it. Don't like it? Then they can go and bleet to their college brainwashers and ask for a refund of mummy's cashola. Get woke = Go broke as they say. If they do make the next Bond like that, I predict it will tank.

Anyway car wise. Its too early for any Daniel Craig cars to hit the auction circuit. Maybe 20 years from now. But even then, they use so many different cars in a modern Bond movie; Fords, SUV's, even hybrids... Not just an iconic DB5 or whatever. It will sure be interesting to see how much #559 goes for on the day. And to whom it goes...

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
We're getting off topic I know, but yes I do think Craig is equal to Connery, but different and hard to equate them. They are both believable in the role, both men of their times, and very different times they are. They are the only 2 worthy Bonds IMHO. As for the mooted idea of the next Bond being a black woman. Give me a break... When will these cucked corporates learn? Didn't they pay attention to the Ghostbusters flop? etc. What next Neil Armstrong being played by a one legged Chinese lesbian?
Bond is Bond, ENGLISH, WHITE and MALE. Get over it. Don't like it? Then go and bleet to your college brainwashers and ask for a refund of your mummy's cashola. Get woke = Go broke as they say. If they do make the next Bond like that, I predict it will tank.

Anyway car wise. Its too early for any Daniel Craig cars to hit the auction circuit. Maybe 20 years from now. But even then, they use so many different cars in a modern Bond movie; Fords, SUV's, even hybrids... Not just an iconic DB5 or whatever. It will sure be interesting to see how much #559 goes for on the day. And to whom it goes...
So if a black woman ends up in the role, would that suddenly make both Bond and Miss Moneypenny lesbians based on their relationship over the last 57 years?
I heard a while ago that Idris Elba was under serious consideration to play Bond when Craig exits, but haven't heard anything since. Elba has done some very good work (Luther comes to mind) and I would be intrigued to see how he would play Bond. He's in the same mold as Craig IMO, and he's probably the best choice if a person of color gets the role.
As far as auction cars go, Craig's Aston in Skyfall would likely fetch the highest price, but it appears to have been blown up, unless that was a model car.
In any event, all good things must come to an end, and if what you referenced above takes place, what an ugly end it will be.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
if I recall, Steve McQueen's personal Ferrari sold for like 9m. this THE iconic movie car if not car period. I can see this eclipsing the Ferrari.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts

Have to agree. I never thought I would like anyone better than Sean Connery in the role, but Daniel Craig has at least been the equal if not more. It's all about the cool factor and both of them have it in that role.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I saw the Hero car in Detroit and spoke at length with the owner.

It is in ROUGH shape. Bondo is about to fall out of the passenger-side door, if I recall correctly.

It was driven in northeastern winters and is rusted.

It is a horrible shame that this car did not receive better care.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts