Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local dealership here in Spartanburg, SC and asked to see the Bullitt they got in on Friday (they called me)...they sold it the same day for $10,000 over sticker, which made it about $43K. I didn't even get to see it! I wonder if others have similar info on the selling prices of the 08 Bullitt?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
No, anyone paying that is clueless. Most likely does not have any Internet access.

Most people seem to be buying at or below MSRP, or using one of Ford's 'plans'

One dealer in TX that has many is selling at 2.9% over invoice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Simi Valley sent me a email with special pricing on their in stock Bullitt of $2500 over MSRP..I of course declined their offer,,approved by the owner..what are these dealers thinking?

·
Registered
803 Posts
The majority of the $10k+ adm sales I've seen have been to foreigners across the pond... they are desperate to get one, I think. :)

T

·
0 Posts
I don't see the logic with many of these dealers and their ADM's. I would think that the majority of purchasers would shop around before buying any car. I paid $500.00 over invoice for my '08, admittedly because of my long term relationship with a particular dealer, but I'm sure there are many other deals available if someone is patient and shops around.

Terry

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Part of the problem is, despite Ford's proud announcement of reasonable pricing for the Bullitt, some Regions have taken to telling their dealers that the Bullitt is to be treated as the GT500 is for allocation and pricing. Obviously not the intended case, and not doing buyers or Ford itself any favours.
Dealers think they are lucky to get one or two, then we are faced with a few dealers already having 10 or more and expecting many many more.
It goes back to Ford's system of allocation, which IMO and the opinion of many others, is broken.
Then of course there are dealers who will just take advantage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Speaking as a foreigner from across the pond I want a Bullitt but I don't want to be strapped up, so if you have the names and contact details of dealers selling Bullitt's bellow MSRP or the one dealer in TX that has many is selling at 2.9% over invoice I would be most grateful.
The dealers I have communicated with are fine until you start to negotiate but then cut you down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
stagbug said:
Speaking as a foreigner from across the pond I want a Bullitt but I don't want to be strapped up, so if you have the names and contact details of dealers selling Bullitt's bellow MSRP or the one dealer in TX that has many is selling at 2.9% over invoice I would be most grateful.
The dealers I have communicated with are fine until you start to negotiate but then cut you down.
Just be patient Gary. Let the demand play out and bide your time. If you're not in a rush, prices will fall accordingly. This always happens and will be no different with the Bullitt. And besides, you'll have lots of help from the folks on this board to help you find your Bullitt!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The sad part for that buyer is as soon he drove it off the lot, it's value dropped $5,000 from original list price! :redface:

What was this buyer thinking? :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts