Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
go to http://www.teddykatz.com

The second sticker location on my car is posted along with a photograph.
Teddy Katz Bullitt#60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-06-29 19:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-06-30 07:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-07-01 06:51 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
This is still the sticker on the Shock Tower. You can see the curvature of the tower and the spot welds. Nice try though! Keep searching.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you see the sticker to the far right of the page. It is absolutely not found on the shock tower.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
...and if you look at Teddy's pic VERY closely, you can get a hint as to where the sticker is based on some forensic evidence shown in the shot. :smile:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If one of the moderators gives me the ok we will put this secret to rest and move on to other important Bullitt matters. I think the moderators should make the call.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Jeepers, I sure wish someone from Ford was hitting this site so they could provide some direction. :wink:

Seriously, at this point, I think most people know (BON seemed to take care of that). I don't want to do anything to hurt the car, or go against Team Mustang's wishes, but I think the cat is out of the bag.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what are you saying? Post the location and be done with it, or let every Bullitt owner find it for him or her self. I will say this. I got very hot today tring to get that picture made. The second sticker is just where I predicted. It's in a place where the car would have to be totaled to get to it. I really don't think the whole thing is so important, but it's fun trying to be detective. That is what Frank Bullitt was!

·
Registered
163 Posts
It looks like carpet fibers on the second sticker - So it must be inside the car.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think FOMOCO put it in a good spot! :-B

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since someone else on another forum has already said this...Try looking under the carpet under the back seat.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-29 23:53, janitorworld wrote:
Ok, I am getting a little pissed at this "game". Where the hell is the second sticker to our cars ? If you know, cough it up.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Teddy wasn't playing a "game", he wanted to be sure the moderators were okay with the info being up on the board. Ford (and Art Hyde especially) was being very tight-lipped about the location to protect the value of the car. Now that its out in the open (at BON and elsewhere), its no big deal to post it here.

Sorry for inadvertantly pissing anyone off. :smile:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry about being "pissed", it's just that it is better knowing instead of a rumor. I would like to know, 'cause I am going to take a picture of it for my own records. I know that if my car gets stolen or whatever, I want to be able to give this info to the local cops (they probably don't know where the second sticker is!) What is one of the things that we use as an identifier when we tell people about these cars ? That they are serial numbered. Unfortunately, the "bad guy" only has to peel off the sticker and the glued on letters on the back (because it should have been metal and riveted to the shock tower) and makes the job of finding my car harder for the locals. That's All

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Its okay. Everyone is allowed to be pissed once.

ONCE

:smile:
Seriously, no biggee, but I didn't want Teddy to catch any grief. He was just respecting the Moderators wishes.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
BACKSEAT?

We have a backseat?

Does Forbes Frank know about this?

Well I for one am not going to go looking for a backseat. I wouldn't have to be doing this had I bought the Subaru.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Teddy,
I apologize. I did not see the picture on the side. You did indeed find the hidden label. Good Job!
It is interesting to see everyone's comments regarding the hidden label and the label design in general. Always like feedback, positive or not.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, no problem. I hope everyone or most everyone is happy. I'm glad to have the urban legend solved.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Teddy, you should win a prize for being the first one here to find the hidden place! Congratulations! Was it hard getting under the seat and carpet?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I for one have been known to post that I thought the second sticker was a hoax and a tease. I stand corrected! However, if I have to take out the back seat and rip up the carpet, I will just as soon take your word for it. I barely have time to keep my backseat clean, much less take it out of the car for grins.
Thanks for the detective work and the cahones to post the location. I can sleep nights now! :smile:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts