Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it and it's exactly like the one under the hood. Should I post it or not?

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-06-29 17:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-06-29 17:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are 3 bullitt stickers associated with each and every bullitt. one in under the hood. the second is on the sear riser inder the carpet and the third is on a piece of paper that was kept at the ford plant. There are only these 3 serialized stickers. Some of the parts have stickers on them that designate that they are for a bullitt, but the unique ones are listed above.

Got that from Stangnet. I guess "sear riser inder the carpet" is "seat riser under the carpet". means. I hope this ends all of the annoying speculation on where the sticker is.
Look under the carpet and you should find it.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I'd say no. Make everybody look for it themselves. Course pointing in the general direction would be nice. The location will eventially get out and probably be the $100 question on who wants to be a millionaire.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I say post the info, this is getting old. Who cares if the info gets out, you can not make a copy of the sticker, so to ID a fake will not be hard. I for one want to be sure that a second one is on the car. I have my build sheet, my DORA, and my window sticker that proves my car is a Bullitt...the sticker under the hood is not going to last on alot of cars because of cleaning and weather...and I want to be sure I have another place the shows the Bullitt number, so put put the info out once and for all.

·
Registered
225 Posts
One way to protect the sticker under the hood is with some clear epoxy. Clean the area around the sticker, mix the epoxyand apply a thin coat over it. Be sure to extend pass the edge and apply two coats. The second coat should be applied after the first has dried. This is the way we protect the decals on aircraft,works well and last a lone time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Like the idea twoponys. Is there a particular apoxy you rcommend? Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,821 Posts
Just found hologram #2 on rear seat riser. Protecting it with Cleartastic, a non-adhesive clear plastic that clings to smooth surfaces by static adhesion. Shock tower hologram also protected with Cleartastic. Cleartastic is removable and can be used over and over.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A while back, there was some talk of Art or someone mailing every owner a replacement sticker for the one they had damaged with cleaner. Any news?

BTW, isn't it just a little silly to think someone would actually cut and weld a new C pillar to a GT to make a fake?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
It's my understanding the 2nd tag was rotated on each vehicle. Of course Ford could've just said that to scare counterfeiters.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-30 13:26, Cupfan wrote:
A while back, there was some talk of Art or someone mailing every owner a replacement sticker for the one they had damaged with cleaner. Any news?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Art didn't say they would mail you a replacement, but he did say arrangements would be made to have a replacement sticker sent to your dealer only if your sticker became unreadable. You would still have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it done though. :sad:

·
Premium Member
18,821 Posts
SORRY FOR MY IGNORANCE BUT WHAT DOES "ROTATED"MEAN FOR THE SECOND HOLOGRAM DECAL. MINE IS ORIENTATED PERFECTLY HORIZONTALLY FACING UPWARDS, EASILY READ WHEN LOOKING INTO THE BACKSEAT WHILE LEANING IN FROM DRIVER SIDE.
(WITH BACKSEAT BENCH OUT AND CARPET PULLED
BACK, OF COURSE.)

·
Registered
444 Posts
He means rotated as far as position on the car. Certain cars would have it on the riser while others would have it in a different location. It doesn't seem like this is the case, but that's what Ford has said was done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts