Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past week I've been trying to figure out how to best preserve my window sticker. I've been carefully placing it in various places around the condo trying to avoid wrinkling it etc.

Obviously it's too big to fit in a binder without folding it in some way. I've been toying with the idea of having it laminated.

What have others done?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would file it away for safe keeping......in the meantime go to Kinko's and have them make a color copy (like 95% reduced) so it will fit on a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet and use that for your displays and car shows, etc. Will only cost 99 cents.

They tried laminating one for me and it wrinkled. ?????? all the could say was sorry. All I could say was @#$% $#$%#@. Like I could get another one.

Big Ron

·
Registered
171 Posts
Took mine to Office Max. For about $2 they laminated in in the HEAVY stuff (like a Drivers Licenses used to use before they became solid plastic) and now it will outlive me. I stick it on the window when I show the car, take off and keep safe when I'm not.

·
Banned
978 Posts
I made a color copy (pictured below) of the original and laminated the copy at Kinko's. I also laminated the original at Kinko's which is in the safe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
PX said:
I made a color copy (pictured below) of the original and laminated the copy at Kinko's. I also laminated the original at Kinko's which is in the safe.

Very nice! I feel just awful though as mine is folded up and in the glove box. Wish I had some forsight like you guys. Well I just ran out and unfolded it and stacked some heavy books on it. I'll just have to hope for the best dog gone it...

BTW, mine says 15 city mpg and 23 highway mpg on the sticker. Looks like the '01 is much better.

Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Place it between two pieces of plexiglass. I did mine by leaving about an inch and a half at the top and bottom of the sticker and about 3 inches on either side. Then I went and bought some bling bolts (one in each corner) to hold it together. I will try and put a picture up tomorrow so you can visualize it!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
PX said:

Ditto. My 2001 sticker still like new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I laminated mine at kinkos. Came out fine. I also enlarged and laminated the 2008 mustang bullitt features and wallpaper pages from the ford site. Lots of younger people don't know what a bullitt is about. They fit nicely under the lip of the of the radiator cover when the hood is open. #3873 blk

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Use a glass picture frame

Measure it, go to your local store that sells household goods and pay $3-$15 dollars for a glass picture frame.

I put mine in relatively inexpensive picture frames, they hang out of the reach of the sun, that preserves them as original without the permanent destructive altering done by laminating. Can you imagine the Antiques Roadshow comments on the loss of value to an otherwise historically significant document that had been laminated?

I use the picture frames primarily for preservation rather than display, although they are displayed in a back hall in my home office. I actually carried the empty picture frame to the dealership and put the window sticker in it before we finished the paperwork on the Bullitt sales transaction.

Steve08 said:
So for the past week I've been trying to figure out how to best preserve my window sticker. I've been carefully placing it in various places around the condo trying to avoid wrinkling it etc.

Obviously it's too big to fit in a binder without folding it in some way. I've been toying with the idea of having it laminated.

What have others done?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not necessarily so, The standards by which they rate the mileage have changed. If you follow the mileage posts, it seems the 2008's are getting better mileage than the 2001's...

artillerybuff said:
BTW, mine says 15 city mpg and 23 highway mpg on the sticker. Looks like the '01 is much better.

Anthony

·
Registered
84 Posts
the dealer folded mine and put it in with the owners manual before i got there. said ' some people like to keep them' uh , yeah... UNFOLDED! haha..

anyhow, when i was doing promotional stuff for bands back in the day i would have their posters framed for appearances, seminars at music stores etc... usually they came from the record company in tubes, but sometimes they would fold them in legal size envelopes... the framing place i would get them done at would use a press to make them flat again and you would never know they were ever folded. not sure how that would work out given that it's a 'sticker' and they use heat to press it, but might be worth checking out!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.