Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feelin' chatty tonight I guess. Well this is my story... In my spare time(which is so little)I like to dabble in building models. I bought a model of a Ford F-150 Flareside which is my everyday ride. I wanted to paint the model the same color. Went down to the local paint store and they matched up the paint in a spray can(I also use it as touch up) well they gave me a can of clearcoat to go with it. You see where I'm going?:wink:
Anyway, I wiped down the s/n badge with warm water and used(carefully)rubbing alcohol to clean it up. Took a page from the newspaper and cut a hole a little bigger than the badge and taped it using painters masking tape and used a drop cloth so's not to get paint on anything else and clearcoated the badge. Let it dry completely and put one more coat on it. It came out perfect. Its now protected from dirt and oil or whatever and I can clean it up without worry of rubbing the number off.:grin: At least it will be okay until Ford can get their act together about the replacement badges.:roll:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts