Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't really know where to put this so i figured mechanical would be all right! Has any one heard anything about where Ford is at in dealing with the disappearing numbers on our stickers in the hood ! Last I heard they were working on it! I figure they will be working on it for the next 20 years! Anyway any input would be nice Thanx !Havgun#1676

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
They are SUPPOSED to be sending out a clear sticker that goes over the one in the engine to "seal" it. They will also send out replacement stickers for those whose is already damaged. But they're not sure on the "logistics" of getting them to actual Bullitt owners. ????? Whatever. Pull into the dealer with your Bullitt (they should remember you if you bought it there!), your registration, and if needed a photo ID. DUH!
Cam

·
Registered
112 Posts
plackards???? sounds good to me if anyone comes up with anything like that or does anything like that let me know or post a pic I would like to see

·
Registered
63 Posts
It does seem things have gone silent with concerns to the sticker fix. I was just at my dealer on Thursday and the service department manager (whom I know) says he hasn't heard a word from Ford about this and he needs to wait to get something from them on how to resolve the problem.

How difficult can the logistics be to fixing a defective S/N sticker? I mean we're not trying to invent cold fusion or something.

We may need to e-mail Art Hyde again and see if he can shed some light on the subject.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I thought I read a previous post that several Bullitt owners talked to Team Mustang members at the MCA 25th. Apparently this subject was discussed, but I don't think a summary has been posted.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If a fix doesn't come soon, i'm just gonna cut out a piece of big clear tape and put it over the sticker. You wouldn't think it would be hard for Ford to make 6500 oval pieces of tape.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have not had to clean my engine compartment yet (only 600 miles) but have noticed that the sticker is very difficult to read and looks like the lettering would wash off pretty easily. It would be easy for me to machine an aluminum plate Computer Numerically (CNC) with the engraving software package that we have at Ford Motor Co to make a more permanent plate.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just talked to a Detroit Ford Motor Company Rep today (10-11-01). They will be sending out new ID numbers if you have a registered complaint about your number already. If you have not complained about it you will be receiving a clear protective strip to cover your existing ID number. My ID number was damaged when the car was assembled. They are going to replace the ID numbers with a new improved decal that will be able to hold up against cleaning solutions. Ford is aware of all the problems that everyone has had with the original decals. The replacements are slated to be out in a month or two.They are going to replace them be patient.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Is there a number to call or a person to e-mail if you need the total replacement sticker? I think I'm beyond the protective sticker as the numbers have already rubbed off some.

Thanks for your reply.

:smile:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-06 04:21, Gibscreen wrote:
Someone should start manufacturing brushed aluminum ID placards that you can mount.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny you should mention that. I've owned several AMC AMX's. One of that cars cool selling features wayyyyyy back in 1968-1970 was to have a numbered dash badge. Each number unique. An idea Ford should have used. Anyway, I made my own. Not absolutely perfect, but it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts