Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal regarding a 100% stock '01 Bullitt?

I just noticed this yesterday.

I have had this vehicle for almost eight years (I am the original owner) and have never noticed the height difference between the two mufflers...which leads me to believe that something is possibly broken/bent.

I'm semi freaking out at the moment.

:cry:

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neile said:
That will buff right out.
How am I supposed to get the buffer under there?

I don't have a lift (or access to one)...and the Rhino Ramps don't 'ramp' high enough.

Do you have a stock (cat back) exhaust? If so, could you take a quick peek and report back (regarding the height issue), please?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Neil, Id say you got some Flowmaster 40's
Ive got the stockers but ive never really looked to see if the Starboard hangs lower
BTW lookin pretty clean under there!

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
if I remember correctly, mine was the same way when stock. i say that because the muffler guy mentioned something about it when he changed mine out indicating he would straighten it out.

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, copy all, Neil, Pete and Tim...thanks for checking!

:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks like the hanger isn't right. Are these replacement's?
No need to freak out....not a big deal and any good shop exhaust shop can fix that

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are not replacements...original equipment (I'm the original owner).

Sounds like a plan, Dave.

I'll visit the local Mustang performance/restoration shop here in Cincinnati...they have done mods to my '07 CVPI and I have known the owner for several years.

:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just checked under my car and it too has the passenger side muffler hanging lower. Here i was feeling good and thought nothing was wrong with my car, now i have to crawl under and fix it. O well.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
OMG, that is like just rediculous. I would be ashamed to drive such a car. I cannot believe you have not had that fixed. You realize for every mile you drive, it's 1 mile less the car will last? It's nearly as bad as cleaning the combustion chambers with sand.

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frankenstang said:
If I remember correctly, mine was the same way when stock. I say that because the muffler guy mentioned something about it when he changed mine out indicating he would straighten it out.
This may be the case, Tim. I just spent about 2 hours investigating under the B parked in the garage and it appears as if the exhaust tubing aft of the connection housing (which is aft of the cat) but prior to the muffler is configured differently on either side. When I say configured differently I mean bent differently. It appears as if it is intentional that the starboard muffler is lower than the port muffler. Kevin posted his findings above as well.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
That's what I thought. An intentional act. Changing it will not make it as it should be :).

·
Registered
247 Posts
dont worry about it man, it doesnt mean anything. One sometimes does hang a little lower. check out my pics in my garage, its tough to see but my left hangs a little lower than the the right side. My flowmasters do the same thing. there isnt anything wrong.

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I feel much better.

Being a man of symmetry, I was freaking out (sort of), but also being a man of factory Bullitt stockness, it's cool.

Thank you for the inputs.

:clap:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yup, mine's lower also

Just went out to the garage and had a look under the 13k mile garage queen. Yes, my right muffler is slightly lower, and like Collin's sits on a slight angle. This is, after all, is a vehicle assembled on a mass-production line. I'm going to leave it be, as it is exactly the way it came from the factory.:smile: Besides, some of us guys hang a bit lower on one side than the other:lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Okay, I just went to the restroom here at work, and to my surprise, the right one does indeed hang a little lower than the left...
I never thought to look before...

Oh no, forgive me. I just reread your opening post, and...
Sorry, I misunderstood the post...
Boy do I feel like an a**hole now...

I'm gonna go home now and check the Bullitt mufflers.

:wink:

David

·
Registered
247 Posts
hmm mine is reverse.....left lower than right...maybe because of the FLowmasters :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts