Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock '07 Crown Vic Police Interceptor 1/4 mile time?

I am having FRPP 3.73 gears (Traction-Lok LSD as well) installed on Monday by Paul's Automotive Engineering of Cincinnati so I will be taking my stock (3.27 gears) daily driver '07 CVPI to the local track today for its first Test & Tune run(s) to see what it will do in the 1/4 mile. What will it run? Any guesses?

250 hp
297 tq
4200 lbs with driver and fuel (approximate)
85* F (approximate)
500' MSL track elevation (approximate)
Humidity unknown

16.5?
17.0?
17.5?

·
Banned
978 Posts
18.0 with a 30 knot tailwind if you're lucky!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PX said:
18.0 with a 30 knot tailwind if you're lucky!
"B 4"

"You sunk my battleship"

:doubt:

·
Banned
978 Posts
PY said:
"B 4"

"You sunk my battleship"

:doubt:
I'm amazed that Edgewater allows battleships to play at their track. Does the U.S. Navy know about this?

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PX said:
I'm amazed that Edgewater allows battleships to play at their track. Does the U.S. Navy know about this?
I'm amazed that Edgewater will allow me on the property after what happened two years ago. The Navy doesn't know jack. :nerd:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
you crack me up Collin!!!!

Marty

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Fun time at the track tonight for my 2007 Police Interceptor's first drag racing venture. Met some cool people with some cool cars. The inspection techs as well as some of the racers thought it was pretty cool that a Police Interceptor was drag racing.

1/4 mile times ranged from 15.888 to 15.983. Cargo and full size spare in trunk. 1/4 tank of fuel. All stock configuration including 3.27 gears and open differential. Was able to get 10 runs in a 25 minute time frame. Looking forward to FRPP 3.73 gears as well as Traction-Lok come Monday. Temperature was about 75 degrees.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Axemanj3 said:
not too shabby... now take some weight off chubby!
I guess I should have unloaded the cargo (probably 30 lbs of detailing supplies including the trunk organizer), the full size spare which probably weighs in at 50 lbs and the back seat bench which probably weighs about 20 lbs. I wonder if 100 total lbs would make a difference regarding a 4000 lb plus vehicle...can't hurt.

·
Car Whisperer
20,796 Posts
When you get the gears, you'll have to run it the same way so you can really see the difference...you are going to run it again right? I think those times are pretty good you had considering the boat that is racing!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DragonBullitt said:
When you get the gears, you'll have to run it the same way so you can really see the difference...you are going to run it again right?
Yes, going to run it in the same configuration after the 3.73s are installed. I'm guessing that I might drop 3 to 4 tenths with the 3.73s.

Also, I need to send Jim the Mach 1 mini-poster. Please pm your snail mail address or Jim's snail mail.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Bullitt 736 said:
Did you run it with your squad car lights on dash flashing? :cool:
No lights going or in the vehicle. I did run the lights in my '03 CVPI while drag racing at the Bullitt County Nationals two years ago. See pic below. That's MUSTANGWI (Jeff) in his Bullitt. I'm in the white vehicle. :lol:

Also, I copy your pm and will get the Boss 302 out to you. You will not need to get a display case since it comes packaged in its own display case just like they (Sizzlers) did 37 years ago. :cool:

Attachments

·
Car Whisperer
20,796 Posts
Collin, so did you run again with the gears? How does it feel now?

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DragonBullitt said:
Collin, so did you run again with the gears? How does it feel now?
Tim, no runs yet with the FRPP 3.73 gears and Trak-Lok. Installation was postponed until yesterday and I need (recommended by installer) to put 200 miles on the new gears prior to "party time" at the drag strip. I have driven about 90 easy miles on the street and interstate and am very pleased with the rpms at speed (about 2350 rpms @ 75 mph) and the quietness of the gears. I still need to get everything calibrated (speedo etc adjusted...indicates about 5 mph faster than actual). SCT did not have the program for a 2007 Police Interceptor in their database so they need to contact Ford and call the installer with the info for download.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts